PC [HELP] How to share a farm with a friend but allow single player for me or my friend?

Kozack

Greenhorn
I would like to work on the same farm with my friend (as a regular cooperative). However, my friend and I live in different time zones and because of this our schedule often does not match. Is it possible to make sure that my friend and I can go to the same farm and continue to work on it both alone and in a cooperative?

That is:
- Today we are working on it together.
- Tomorrow, only I work on the same farm.
- After tomorrow, my friend continues my progress.
- And the next day we work together.

Is it possible?

imnvs

Local Legend
The way SDV works is that one player is the farmer, and everyone else is a farmhand. Without using mods, you absolutely do need the farmer around for anyone to play.

Now, even with a mod, I wouldn't recommend this. I am a player that plays solo and MP both, and one of the big differences between the two that most folks don't think of? With two people playing, sure you have twice as many people working on the farm... but you also have twice as many people needing tool and house upgrades, twice as many people eating the food, twice as many people soaking up the farming and foraging experience. If only one of you is playing... now you have 1 person doing the work and 2 people needing the fruits of your production. This is an inefficient way to play the game.

My recommendation? Everyone involved can have a solo save and you share a MP save for when everyone is around. That way you have a second opportunity to try things, learn how to do things in a better way or the like, and then apply it to the other save you have.