PC [HELP] Gus not sending Cranberry Sauce Recipe in the Mail

DaVazza

Newcomer
Hiya,

I have recently been trying to work towards the "Gourmet Chef" achievement, and one of the recipes that I have not found is the "Cranberry Sauce" recipe. As I understand it, you are meant to receive the recipe from Gus in the mail after you have reached 7+ hearts with him. However, I have had all 10 hearts for a long time and I have still not received the recipe. I really wouldn't want to start a whole new world to get the achievements as I am almost at Year 4 already.

I am on the latest version of the game (1.5.4 I believe) and am playing in English.

Could someone please help with this?
Many thanks.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hi DaVazza!

Have you tried with the necessary ingredients (1 Cranberry, 1 Sugar) in your inventory when you interact with the kitchen? Could you share a screen shot of what the cooking interface looks like?

Just in case there is any confusion, this is Cranberry Sauce:
Cranberry Sauce.png

...and this is Cranberry Candy:
Cranberry Candy.png

It's possible that the recipe was sent to your Ginger Island mailbox. I'd look there.

Just checking, are you using any mods? If so, you should probably ask in Mod Support.

If all else fails, you could use a Slingshot loaded with Stone and continuously shoot Gus down to 6 hearts. The next day, you could try giving him a loved gift and it might fix your problem.

Your problem sounds super frustrating, so I hope this helps!

DaVazza

Newcomer
Hi DaVazza!

Have you tried with the necessary ingredients (1 Cranberry, 1 Sugar) in your inventory when you interact with the kitchen? Could you share a screen shot of what the cooking interface looks like?

Just in case there is any confusion, this is Cranberry Sauce:
Cranberry Sauce.png

...and this is Cranberry Candy:
Cranberry Candy.png

It's possible that the recipe was sent to your Ginger Island mailbox. I'd look there.

Just checking, are you using any mods? If so, you should probably ask in Mod Support.

If all else fails, you could use a Slingshot loaded with Stone and continuously shoot Gus down to 6 hearts. The next day, you could try giving him a loved gift and it might fix your problem.

Your problem sounds super frustrating, so I hope this helps!
Hi Hill Myna,

I was sure that it was cranberry sauce - had to double check a few times to make sure I wasn't going insane! At the time, I also hadn't used any mods nor had I unlocked ginger island. I ended up editing my save file to give myself the recipe and it seems to have worked just fine!

A weird bug to have.

Thank you very much for your help! Good to know that there are other in-game strategies that I could use if it happens again.

Mundewood

Newcomer
That sounds like quite the puzzle with the cranberry sauce mix-up! Editing your save file was a clever workaround, and I'm glad it sorted things out for you. Homemade yum yum sauce can be a lifesaver in those unexpected gaming moments, offering an alternative strategy. Happy gaming, and may your future Stardew Valley adventures be glitch-free!

Last edited: