Help getting iridium (on console)

Bigweb52

Tiller
Hey yo !
So I’m in the winter of my second year and I’m really struggling to get ANY iridium ore . I’ve completed the mines, the community center, and I’ve gotten to the desert (this is my second play “save” and went with the remixed bundles for the CC . I know the basics since I played the heck out of it during the pandemic and got to fall of year three then took a break and just started a new save about a month ago ) . I’m really struggling to get any iridium ore . The only ore ive gotten in my two years has been from the meteor that fell twice and I got an ore rock in the quarry. Any tips on finding some or farming ? I could have sworn there was a good way to farm in my first play through cause I had all my tools to iridium and about 10 bars of it when I stopped playing a few years ago and I don’t think I explored the skill caverens in the desert at all (I reloaded my old save before starting this one a month ago and checked what I had ) . I’m at kind of a wall cause I need iridium for my tools and some other stuff I need to build . Any help will bring you good luck and the ability to play fetch with your dog

HappyPenguin

Farmhand
The quarry can somtimes yield iridium, I believe. Most people farm iridium by using staircases to go deep into skull cavern, where there is lots of iridium.
Since you are so close to year 3, you can get an evaluation from grandpa (start of year 3) and if you do well, you can get an item which will give you iridium ore every day.

I get most of my irridium ore from monster drops. Depending on your combat level, if you turn monsters on at your farm, you can get irridium ore drops from golems, purple slimes, irridium bats, and flying serpents. If you have the burglar ring on, you can double the amount you get from such drops. The same monsters found in the Skull Caverns drop it, too, as well as irridium crabs.

If you're on the Hilltop farm, you can also get the occasional irridium node on the farm quarry after you're mining level is at 10.

You can also get irridium ore through panning, but I don't know what requirements need to be met regarding levels.