Issue [HELP] Game Started Crashing once I made it to Winter

Studio Iko

Newcomer
Hello everyone! I have a pervasive issue that started a few months ago? My game started crashed and stopped loading my mods once I started playing in winter?

From Spring 1 to Fall 28 my game had been doing fairly well but come Winter 1 I started receiving many error logs, my recolor mods, portrait mods, etc. stop working. My farmer wasn't able to use the bed and when i went fish i froze in place? I'm trying to get a hold of a smapi Log so I can show you guys exactly what I see but if anyone else is having this issue or has had it I would LOVE some feedback please.:hlevel::hlevel::hlevel:

Edit: Here's the smapi log
https://smapi.io/log/6b5c7a8a4d264a5cada8d080fcc68285

Last edited:

liquidcat

Staff member
I moved this thread to mod support as it looks like your issues arise from json assets and content patcher, people on this board will be able to help you out better!

Studio Iko

Newcomer
11:29:30ERRORJson AssetsMod crashed when editing asset 'Maps\springobjects', which may cause errors in-game. Error details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsHelpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, UInt32 usage, _D3DPOOL pool, SurfaceFormat format) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height) at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Content.AssetDataForImage.ExtendImage_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(Object minWidth, Int32 minHeight, Int32 ) at JsonAssets.ContentInjector1.injectMapsSpringobjects(IAssetData asset) in C:\Programming\StardewValley\ModSource\JsonAssets\ContentInjector1.cs:line 304 at JsonAssets.ContentInjector1.Edit[T](IAssetData asset) in C:\Programming\StardewValley\ModSource\JsonAssets\ContentInjector1.cs:line 68 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.ApplyEditors[T](IAssetInfo info, IAssetData asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 375
I looked up the common crashing issues in the mod support forum and it said to check JSON assets, this was the one JSON asset crash i found? It may seem that my computer was doing too many things at once? Im going to restart my computer and re downloaded the mods that crashed. Worth a shot right?

mouse

Farmer
I think the 64bit SMAPI development is intended to help with this, though it's still experimental right now. You could probably find out more in the modding channels on Discord, or wait until it's not experimental :)