Solved [HELP] Game crashes when trying to save the day

Snuggles

Greenhorn
Since I updated the game to the 1.5 version (and yes, I have also got the 1.5.1 patch version), my existing game file now crashes when trying to save the day. It says Stardew Valley has encountered an error, Windows will try to find a solution for the problem. Windows never does tell me if its found a solution to the problem, and the whole game just crashes and closes. I went into steam properties for Stardew and unticked the steam save to cloud box, but that did not help, it still crashed. For the sake of experimentation, I tried starting a brand new game file, and interestingly enough, I did not have the crashing issue when saving. I don't know why it works with a new game file,but not my existing one. I have Windows 7. Any suggestions?

Odin

Staff member
If you press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs can your share the most recent error log from there if you have one?

Snuggles

Greenhorn
If you press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs can your share the most recent error log from there if you have one?
Hello,

Thank you, I have been able to find it and have attached it for your info. Makes no sense to me, but hopefully you can figure it out! Incidentally, I don't know why it shows my operating system as being Microsoft Windows NT, because I have Microsoft Windows 7 on my laptop.

Attachments

Snuggles

Greenhorn
Thanks! If you haven't already, you may want to try the steps on this page under the "not launching" section (I know your issues is a bit different, but those steps may still help):
Don't worry, I fixed it - it was a problem with my PC - apparently all the files and folders under USER, including the Stardew save files were marked as Read Only - so I removed that and it worked again just fine. If anyone else is having this exact problem, I suggest you do the same thing.