PC [HELP] Changing host

BlueCynder

Newcomer
Hello everybody,

I want to ask if I could change the host of a multiplayer game, because one of my friend doesn't play that much und I want to continue with a other friend, but i still want to be as my character and host the game. If there is a solution to this problem then please help me.

imnvs

Local Legend
There is a mod, but I only have that information second hand. I'm not sure the mod's name. It would require the current host be willing to work with you to switch the host, just so you're aware.

Nixxie

Greenhorn
Hello everybody,

I want to ask if I could change the host of a multiplayer game, because one of my friend doesn't play that much und I want to continue with a other friend, but i still want to be as my character and host the game. If there is a solution to this problem then please help me.
How to change host in a multiplayer

Credit goes to my friend cinderelaine. she did an amazing job of finding a way with the coding and the instruction belongs to her

(make a backup copy first incase something goes wrong)
(needs to install Sublime Text (https://www.sublimetext.com/)
(needs to install the Package Control extension for Sublime Text)
1. Open Sublime Text
2. ctrl+shift+p
3. Type Install Package Control, press enter
4. Type Indent XML, press enter
5. Type XPath, press enter

1. Open run (search run, then open).
2. Copy and paste "%appdata%\StardewValley\Saves" in run (without quotation marks""), and then enter.
3. Open (nameoffarm)_(codenumber like "316244521") file with Sublime Text. Example file name: Pastures_316244521
4. On the menu, click File then New File. Do this 2 times.
5. On the first tab, cntrl+f and type player.
6. You should see the 3rd line on the left highlighted.
7. Click the ▼ beside 3 to collapse the code.
8. Highlight/select text from <player> to </player> including the tab (the spaces before the <player> and <player>.
9. Copy and paste in on the second tab.
10. On the first tab, cntrl+f and type your username, and you will find the <farmhand> above it.
11. Click the ▼ on the <farmhand> line.
12. Highlight/select text from <farmhand> to </farmhand> including the tab (the spaces before the <farmhand> and <farmhand>.
13. Copy and paste in on the third tab.
14. On the second tab, edit the <player> and </player> to <farmhand> and </farmhand> (should be found in the first and last line, use scroll slider on the right).
15. cntrl+a then copy
16. On the first tab, select the collapsed <farmhand> to </farmhand> including the tabs, then paste the code there.
17. On the third tab, edit the <farmhand> and </farmhand> to <player> and </player>(should be found in the first and last line, use scroll slider on the right).
18. cntrl+a then copy
19. On the first tab, select the collapsed <player> to </player> including the tabs, then paste the code there.
20. On the menu, click File then Save.

If you are going to change host or become the host, you need to have the latest file of your progress (example file name: Pastures_316244521). This requires coordination and your members to update u if they are playing the game without you. You don't need to update your file if you have no intention to become a host or you enter the lobby thru the code given to u (which synchs your progress file)

And yes it did work because a friend of mine was the host but since she was busy, she managed to give me the code to have it switch to me. Others can be host as long as they have my latest save file to continue without me

Make sure you have the copy of these files (savegameinfo, etc) from the host and save it into your Saves folder of Stardew Valley (and yes you have to create a folder of the exact same name of the progress file):
1656862864375.png

Last edited: