Android [HELP] Can't launch game due to "missing" storage permissions.

BobTheZygota

Newcomer
If you have Stardew Valley on your Huawei and the game doesn't start you just need to download Gspace from your AppGalery then clone Stardew Valley to the app. Now you can start the game from Gspace anytime on Huawei.

[QUOTE = "BobTheZygota, publicación: 42569, miembro: 12743"]
Si tiene Stardew Valley en su Huawei y el juego no se inicia, solo necesita descargar Gspace desde su AppGalery y luego clonar Stardew Valley en la aplicación. Ahora puedes iniciar el juego desde Gspace en cualquier momento en Huawei.
[/ CITA]
Thanks I worked (。 ・ω・。) my hero ヽ(^。 ^)丿

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "Emily Fox, publicación: 11091, miembro: 3119"]
La versión de Android de Stardew Valley se niega a pasar de la intro de chucklefish en mi Huawei P40 lite con Android 10 y EMUI 10.1.0. Solicita permisos de almacenamiento externo, aunque ya se hayan otorgado, y se queda atascado allí. La reinstalación, el restablecimiento de fábrica de todo el teléfono o la reasignación o cancelación de los permisos de almacenamiento no solucionan este problema.

Mi Huawei p20 lite, con Android 9 y Emui 9.1.0, no tiene tales problemas.

Stardew Valley se instaló en ambos usando la tienda Aurora (un reemplazo de la tienda de juegos de código abierto que permite a los usuarios de Huawei usar la tienda de juegos), y solo lo hace en el P40, incluso después de un restablecimiento de fábrica.

Lamentablemente, esto hace que el juego no se pueda jugar. ¡Realmente espero que Chucklefish pueda arreglar esto pronto, para que pueda volver a jugar este juego!
[/CITA]
gspace solves it

Last edited by a moderator:

ApkLub

Newcomer
Settings>Apps>Apps and Features, and scroll down the list of Apps and Games until you find the one you are looking for, Click o it and Click 'reset' this will require an install from game pass or the microsoft store at car simulator 2 mod apk, but you are only installing a small amount of the game's actual storage, so it will take about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Hexor0713

Newcomer
Did you get the game from the Google Play Store?
I know exactly where the problem lies. It seems specific to these phones. Which version of Android are you running?

Here's the technical explanation:

Stardew has always used the Read/Write External Storage permission for it's saves. This allows players to copy across from PC. In Android 10 they removed this permission as they deemed it a security risk, however, you can make it still work by adding this to the manifest file: android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true"

We did this and this works on all the other phones. My guess is Huawei's version of Android doesn't have this implemented which is why it doesn't work. We can't switch to a different way of saving because all the existing players have their saves still in the external storage - the only way to read those is with that permission.

Android 11 brings in a new permission Manage External Files (https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage/manage-all-files) this will allow us effectively switch back. However, the article states:

"Due to COVID-19 related considerations, apps that target Android 11 (API level 30) or higher and need the MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission cannot be uploaded to Google Play until early 2021. This includes new apps as well as updates to existing apps."

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do until next year. The fix is ready though.

can you please tell me exactly how to add android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" to the manifest file? I'm an absolute newbie in terms of coding please tell me if it's not too much of an inconvenience