PC [HELP] Artifact Dig Spots Not Spawning On West Side of Ginger Island

Jonathan38

Farmhand
Hi. I would like the spawn rates of artifact spots on the west side of Ginger Island looked at. After my initial visit, artifact dig spots cease to spawn on repeat visits. The dig spots show up at the beach and at the dig site by the tent. But they don't spawn at the west side. I have two seperate games going on and this is happening to both of them. These sites should be spawning because you need two snake spines dug up from them for the field office collection and if the sites don't spawn, you are locked out of a big part of the new content. Thanks.

Odin

Staff member
How many times have you been back? This may just be a case of bad luck.

Onikary

Newcomer
This is happening to me as well, I've been playing since the update came out, almost every day since. The dig spots spawned the first time I was there, but afterwards I haven't had a spawn on west island since, however they spawn everywhere else. I have 127 of 130 walnuts, but can't get the last 3 due to the (maybe) bugged artifact spots.

Last edited:

solution9999

Newcomer
This is not bad luck when many players got stuck trying to get these snake vertebrae x2
Should have more spawn rate or at least alternative way to complete.

kiygi

Newcomer
I'm having this issue too... I have 1000 + cinder shards, fully upgraded every single gear and multiple weapons with what I want, did all the hardest Qi quests. Yet I've been looking for these last two fossils every single day for 2+ months in game and can't find any. Found all the other ones in the first few days. It's been about a month I haven't found a single artifact spot on the west side and the beach(docks). Why make it so damn hard? really needs to be looked at, makes me want to cheat, you could finish the whole museum before finding a single artifact spot what the hell. Don't mean to sound so angry but it's that frustrating checking every single day for a month not even finding a single spot, let alone getting the fossil after I finally find one gonna have to wait another few months to get a chance. I also have archeologist on my Hoe... All I want is the reward for it otherwise I wouldn't even waste time on this for completion not worth it

Last edited:

NinjaGinger

Greenhorn
I'm having the same issue. The cause of this might be that artifact spots are most likely to appear on the farm but can't spawn if the field is full of crops. I might try clearing my field and seeing if that helps.

kiygi

Newcomer
I'm having the same issue. The cause of this might be that artifact spots are most likely to appear on the farm but can't spawn if the field is full of crops. I might try clearing my field and seeing if that helps.
I only had about 25x25 planted, but it might make a difference. I DID find a solution however. It requires a bit of save scumming, but I decided to do it. Whenever you eventually find a spot, if it's not the fossil, reload the game. It will be the same drops though if you try again, so you have to wait for the next day after you reload. You can keep doing this I got it pretty fast (but it took about 1 month to find a spot)

sparklinggamer

Greenhorn
I'm having the same issue. When 1.5 first came out, I would find artifact spots frequently. for weeks now in-game, nothing. Need it to find my second snake vertebrae.

Since they used to spawn and then stopped spawning, it makes it feel like something changed with a subsequent patch.

FIX: pave your entire island. It's tedious and ridiculous but if you lay paths everywhere that worms can spawn (beach, cove, sandy area by museum tent and volcano) they'll spawn on the west side. I waited like 2 years without getting any and then got them the next two days when it was all paved.

Wes123

Newcomer
i have the same problem. i need both snake spines but no worms are showing up on my farm in ginger island, i cleared the whole farm area. still no worm spawns.

NGBofficial

Greenhorn
So have you found a good fix
I suck at getting walnuts
Let alone these bugs
However I do have twenty statues of perfection made I'm being punished