PC [HELP] 1.5.1 Did I forever break 100% completion (1.5.1 spoilers)

Lionfarmer

Newcomer
Hello!
Basicly I had accepted birdie's quest the first time I saw her, stored away the memento. Forgot where it was and was unable to find it. I deleted the quest to hopefully restart it however I am unable to talk to her again. I did manage to find the memento again but I cannot trash it nor give it to kent it says wrong person however jodi still references to it as show it to kent. Did I forever break my possibility to get 100% or that 100 golden walnut door and my possibility for other quest rewards from birdie? I had already progressed to the next day to save as I had to get off and I just kept waiting a few days to hopefully see the quest again. Did I mess up big time and should restart the entire game and all that stuff or is this classified as a bug or I dont know? and can I get rid of the memento in anyway? It kinda killed my drive to play the game sadly enough if I have to restart fully to still get 100% so I hope there is a way to fix this or maybe make it so that this wont happen to other people, it was my fault though so if im forever messed up in the save id understand
Thank you for your time!

Lionfarmer

Newcomer
I have done some research into the game and save editing and I have seen that you can edit quest data.
I am only able to find a tag with "birdieQuestBegun</string><string>" is there anything I can change in it to restart the quest?
I cannot find The Pirate's Wife in the txt file.
I do see a tag for war memento but that is only for having it in inventory would deleting it allow me to restart the quest and still obtain 100% completion?

Im unsure if I should have posted this in a new thread or if I should have added onto this post so to avoid posting more I added onto this thread if im wrong im sorry about the incorrect posting but I have seen other posts where people added information to it like this and I thank you for your time.

MouseyPounds

Sodbuster
Deleting the <string>birdieQuestBegun</string> mail flag *might* let you restart the quest, but obviously make sure you keep a backup of the save before editing it.

Nymptus

Newcomer
Hello, did you find any solution? I deleted that quest by accident too. Now i can't get the recipe for 100%

Jdoggydog

Newcomer
I’m on switch and the same thing happened to me. I’ve tried all the solutions (looking at the mayors house/checking at the adventures guild) but I can’t find it anywhere. It really is frustrating because now we can’t get the 100%. Did you ever finds fix?

Eccentrish

Newcomer
I’m on mobile and same-ish. Can’t find War Memento anywhere— chests, Junimo, lost and found, Marlon, fridges, OTHER people’s fridges, auto grabbers…. please tell me there is help I AM IN MOURNING PREMATURELY FOR MY COMPLETION RATIO

noobzmb

Greenhorn
Deleting the <string>birdieQuestBegun</string> mail flag *might* let you restart the quest, but obviously make sure you keep a backup of the save before editing it.
This did it for me. You are a lifesaver. The only achievement i needed for the 100% completion was crafting every item in the game and fairy dust was the only thing missing. With SMAPI, content patcher and the event repeater mod this command made it, "mailforget birdieQuestBegun" (without the thingys "") and now finnally i can make the quest