Hello..!

soupyboot

Cowpoke
I'm truthfully a little anxious posting this introduction, but I'll push myself to do it anyway.

My name's Soda, I'm an 18-year-old student trying to survive. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some like-minded people who like the same things I do on this forum! I struggle badly from multiple anxiety disorders and games like Stardew help me escape into a simpler life.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Welcome to the forums Soda! Glad you posted, that's exactly what this board is for :)

Grimzy

Planter
Welcome Soda! ): I'm sorry that you have to deal with anxiety. I had it really bad for about a year and a half to the point where I couldn't leave the house without going full blown panic attack mode.. If you ever need someone to talk you through one I'm happy to try and help. My friend did his best to talk me through my episodes and it taught me how to eventually deal with them on my own ^_^.

Welcome to the forums, Soda!
I'm truthfully a little anxious posting this introduction, but I'll push myself to do it anyway.

My name's Soda, I'm an 18-year-old student trying to survive. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some like-minded people who like the same things I do on this forum! I struggle badly from multiple anxiety disorders and games like Stardew help me escape into a simpler life.
Oh, man. I am sorry to hear it. And I think know how does it feels. Cause I had it a couple of times sometimes. :(

But... you can always have us to make you feel better! :)

soupyboot

Cowpoke
Welcome Soda! ): I'm sorry that you have to deal with anxiety. I had it really bad for about a year and a half to the point where I couldn't leave the house without going full blown panic attack mode.. If you ever need someone to talk you through one I'm happy to try and help. My friend did his best to talk me through my episodes and it taught me how to eventually deal with them on my own ^_^.
You're super sweet thanks! Sorry for the late reply, I've been dealing with my agoraphobia for about a year now and would love to hear what you did to get through your anxiety. With Covid-19 it's kinda difficult but I'm trying my best to hold it together :o)

Grimzy

Planter
You're super sweet thanks! Sorry for the late reply, I've been dealing with my agoraphobia for about a year now and would love to hear what you did to get through your anxiety. With Covid-19 it's kinda difficult but I'm trying my best to hold it together :o)
It was really difficult to do but I just straight up faced it. I went to the places that triggered it for me most and when I felt extremely uncomfortable: I'd push myself to stay just even a minute longer and then I'd leave. It's easier to do if you have someone there to support you from afar. I didn't have someone there for me all the time so I'd just text my friend throughout the whole process and that helped too. I sort of had to get into the mindset that people don't know you're scared/having issues unless you show it or you tell them. I did my best to put on my IM OK 😬! face and it seemed to work. The anxiety is still there, not as powerful, but I can manage it. If I feel really uncomfortable then I allow myself to leave (: If I'm not able to leave, I try to overcrowd my mind with random stuff. For example, looking for everything that is the color blue in a room or everything that is square or round. It doesn't allow my mind to focus as much on the panicky feelings because I'm actively throwing the idea that I NEED to find a specific thing in the room. (: I hope that helps. With everything going on, exposing yourself in this time probably wouldn't be the best idea but it's worth a shot once everything is safe. Rooting for you!! You got this ^_^.

soupyboot

Cowpoke
It was really difficult to do but I just straight up faced it. I went to the places that triggered it for me most and when I felt extremely uncomfortable: I'd push myself to stay just even a minute longer and then I'd leave. It's easier to do if you have someone there to support you from afar. I didn't have someone there for me all the time so I'd just text my friend throughout the whole process and that helped too. I sort of had to get into the mindset that people don't know you're scared/having issues unless you show it or you tell them. I did my best to put on my IM OK 😬! face and it seemed to work. The anxiety is still there, not as powerful, but I can manage it. If I feel really uncomfortable then I allow myself to leave (: If I'm not able to leave, I try to overcrowd my mind with random stuff. For example, looking for everything that is the color blue in a room or everything that is square or round. It doesn't allow my mind to focus as much on the panicky feelings because I'm actively throwing the idea that I NEED to find a specific thing in the room. (: I hope that helps. With everything going on, exposing yourself in this time probably wouldn't be the best idea but it's worth a shot once everything is safe. Rooting for you!! You got this ^_^.
Thanks for the advice, prior to this pandemic I was trying to do stuff very similar to what you're talking about. Though I wasn't very good at it if I'm going to be completely honest. I find myself struggling a lot now because I cannot push myself and my world is shrinking more and more, but hopefully soon I'll be able to get more on track.

I hope I'll be able to get to a similar place to where you are, it's pretty rare for me to find people who are/have struggled with crippling anxiety and/or agoraphobia. It's nice to know that you were able to get better, makes me a bit more hopeful. Thanks for being so kind, I really do hope I can improve in the future.

Grimzy

Planter
Thanks for the advice, prior to this pandemic I was trying to do stuff very similar to what you're talking about. Though I wasn't very good at it if I'm going to be completely honest. I find myself struggling a lot now because I cannot push myself and my world is shrinking more and more, but hopefully soon I'll be able to get more on track.

I hope I'll be able to get to a similar place to where you are, it's pretty rare for me to find people who are/have struggled with crippling anxiety and/or agoraphobia. It's nice to know that you were able to get better, makes me a bit more hopeful. Thanks for being so kind, I really do hope I can improve in the future.
Don't beat yourself up if you don't last very long (: Its already a success just getting yourself to go. Even if you decide not to go in and just go back to your car. It means the drive to get better is there and that's huge progress in itself ^_^. I had countless times where I decided, ok I'm going to go stand in the middle of the food court at the mall. I'd go, and take one step in the door and then go right back out lol. I would take it as defeat but it really wasn't because I had the courage and idea to go out there in the first place.

One thing you can try also, is bring something with you. Can be something small like a rock, maybe a charm, necklace, bracelet, or in my case a water bottle lol. I'd sort of use it as a comfort object and mess with it if I felt uncomfortable. I have since graduated from the water bottle XD and now just use a necklace. In my head It kind of helps ground me back to reality when I touch the object. I just think, ok this is real, I am here in this moment, nothing is on fire, everything is ok (: Sometimes it helps other times it wont.

You will get there (: I know you will ^_^. Just remember there is no such thing as a failure. Failure only becomes real when you completely decide you wont try anymore.

soupyboot

Cowpoke
Don't beat yourself up if you don't last very long (: Its already a success just getting yourself to go. Even if you decide not to go in and just go back to your car. It means the drive to get better is there and that's huge progress in itself ^_^. I had countless times where I decided, ok I'm going to go stand in the middle of the food court at the mall. I'd go, and take one step in the door and then go right back out lol. I would take it as defeat but it really wasn't because I had the courage and idea to go out there in the first place.

One thing you can try also, is bring something with you. Can be something small like a rock, maybe a charm, necklace, bracelet, or in my case a water bottle lol. I'd sort of use it as a comfort object and mess with it if I felt uncomfortable. I have since graduated from the water bottle XD and now just use a necklace. In my head It kind of helps ground me back to reality when I touch the object. I just think, ok this is real, I am here in this moment, nothing is on fire, everything is ok (: Sometimes it helps other times it wont.

You will get there (: I know you will ^_^. Just remember there is no such thing as a failure. Failure only becomes real when you completely decide you wont try anymore.
I'm trying to learn self-love, and not hating myself for being how I am, and where I am.

When things open up I'm definitely gonna try to push myself more, though even now I try to walk further and further from my comfort area on walks. Thanks for giving me a little more hope right now, I've been in a pretty dark place recently and this has been the most hopeful I've been in months. I definitely relate to a lot of the things you're talking about, I've gotten to the door of a lot of places and chickened out, or left early or sometimes just to the car door haha. I want to keep trying cause honestly living in isolation stuck at home is getting to be realll depressing.

I hope you're doing well currently at least!

Grimzy

Planter
I'm trying to learn self-love, and not hating myself for being how I am, and where I am.

When things open up I'm definitely gonna try to push myself more, though even now I try to walk further and further from my comfort area on walks. Thanks for giving me a little more hope right now, I've been in a pretty dark place recently and this has been the most hopeful I've been in months. I definitely relate to a lot of the things you're talking about, I've gotten to the door of a lot of places and chickened out, or left early or sometimes just to the car door haha. I want to keep trying cause honestly living in isolation stuck at home is getting to be realll depressing.

I hope you're doing well currently at least!
It definitely isn't your fault. All you can really do is just handle what's thrown at you and keep going ^_^.

I'm happy I was able to help (: I just want people to feel a little better especially during these times. I'm in a difficult situation myself but I've dealt with worse so I just have to be patient in this case. I'm basically competing with everyone else who is unemployed for a job right now xD. I would love to hear of any progress you make ^_^! I'm rooting for ya! (: