Hazelnuts

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hazelnuts are Fall Forage, so all over the Town and Forests on the ground, though maybe Leah is foraging them up before you to make that salad she never gets around to sharing with you before eating it. Solution: marry Leah to corner the market on forage and salads.

ArtifactSpot

They can be hard to find. They spawn less than the other fall forage it seems. I have the best luck in back woods, By Robin’s, Linus’s by the mines and quarry. Occasionally the bus stop.

ArtifactSpot

Inexplicably, instead of dropping a Maple Seed, a Maple Tree may drop a Hazelnut if you shake it in Fall.

Because reasons
Really? I just cut them down unless they are coconut. I will have to shake maples and not cut them down in fall.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Inexplicably, instead of dropping a Maple Seed, a Maple Tree may drop a Hazelnut if you shake it in Fall.

Because reasons
What?? OK I need to try this as I've never paid attention enough to see this happen.
_____

Farmer Bobbi meanders up to her tapped Maple trees with suspicion as if an alien might burst out of it at any time. OK maybe an alien squirrel. What do alien squirrels look like, thinks Bobbi? Probably got 2 tails, which would be awesome! Not ordinarily one for hugging trees, she kind of bumps it with her shoulder while passing, almost as if by accident. And keeps walking purposelessly.

Hm nothing happened, she thinks, not even an errant stick or… wing-thingy. Maple seed! That wing-thingy. I could just ehhm, look at this half grown pumpkin here and y'know head on back to the farmhouse. Past the Maple trees again.

Oops! By some accident, Bobbi bumps into another tree as she passes, this time with a bit more force. 'More' being a relative thing as being short...ish is not completely compensated for by her slight extra stoutness, since the tree seems to be in an entirely different wrestling class. Neither tree nor anything attached to tree moves to quite the extent Farmer Bobbi did as she bounces off and lands on her side and then face.

"Stupid tree!" Bobbi yells, losing any pretense of sneaking up on her miniature forest to rob it of valuables. Some of her exclamation is drowned out by the ground still stuck in her face but she quickly regains her feet and mostly clear face and strides up to another Maple, grabs it and shakes it violently.

Well, violently-ish.

Bobbi shook the most though some branch tips were maybe swaying along with her. Or from the breeze, it was hard to tell.

Nothing fell from the Maple tree. She repeats the bear hug and attempted crocodile death roll of negligible consequence on the other two and a maple seed falls from one. As she watches it slowly helicopter to the ground, her internal monologue leaks out, spurting, "I'm gonna get Sam and his dumb phone for telling me the internet said Hazlenuts fall from these dumb trees. They're Maple trees! He probably looked it up on The Onion!"

Stomping back to the farmhouse, she yells, "Intentionally!"

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Because reasons
Past some date like the 17th or something a bit arbitrary.

It’s actually a decent way of collecting hazelnuts if you quickly need to cook something up for Kent…in the latter half of fall… (it’s a bit niche, sure)

Last edited: