Having NPCs celebrate their birthday in the The Stardrop Saloon/Community Center

Sometimes I miss an NPC just for 10 minutes in the afternoon. I think it would be cool, to have all adult NPCs celebrating their birthdays in the saloon until midnight. Their direct friends should be there then and maybe it could also be some extra decoration there. This way one has a chance to congratulate even after their shop-times.
Alternatively for kids the birthday party could be in the community center and runs until 20 o'clock.

imnvs

Local Legend
I think 20:00 is a bit late for the kids. Most of them are in bed by then. Until 18:00 is probably sufficient, and allows them time to get home and get to bed on time.

I do like the idea of there being parties on folks' birthdays. Afterall there is now a precedent in that Emily goes out to the dessert on Sandy's birthday.

The only thing that makes me hesitant to say I fully support this, however, is that it means that any shopkeeper would be unavailable on their birthdays. Additionally, if a shopkeeper is someone's friend, the shopkeeper would be unavailable on that person's birthday too. I mean, while this isn't unrealistic, I'm a firm believer that not all realism is good in a simulator, and this one may cause folks all sorts of issues.

I think 20:00 is a bit late for the kids. Most of them are in bed by then. Until 18:00 is probably sufficient, and allows them time to get home and get to bed on time.

I do like the idea of there being parties on folks' birthdays. Afterall there is now a precedent in that Emily goes out to the dessert on Sandy's birthday.

The only thing that makes me hesitant to say I fully support this, however, is that it means that any shopkeeper would be unavailable on their birthdays. Additionally, if a shopkeeper is someone's friend, the shopkeeper would be unavailable on that person's birthday too. I mean, while this isn't unrealistic, I'm a firm believer that not all realism is good in a simulator, and this one may cause folks all sorts of issues.
Okay, I was a bit inaccurate: I like to have a Party AFTER the shop-times of each NPC. I think most of the NPCs close 16 or 18 o'clock. So you often cant catch them after this time.
But if they come to the saloon then or into the community center one has a late(r) chance to meet...

benjellyman

Planter
If it is krobus's, dwarfs, sandys, or someone else that doesn't live in pelican towns birthday, what should we do for them? :krobus: :dwarf: :sandy:

If it is krobus's, dwarfs, sandys, or someone else that doesn't live in pelican towns birthday, what should we do for them? :krobus: :dwarf: :sandy:
I think the dwarf and Krobus can be met until night, can't they?
But I really don't know what Sandy is doing in the evening. Does she leave the shop? There is no other house she could live in, but when I remember right there is also no upper floor in the shop... :flushed:

MissDandy

Farmer
I think the dwarf and Krobus can be met until night, can't they?
But I really don't know what Sandy is doing in the evening. Does she leave the shop? There is no other house she could live in, but when I remember right there is also no upper floor in the shop... :flushed:
She runs the shop until 23:50, So you do have lots of time to get there to see here even on a busy day.