Hatched slimes disappear overnight

Heathers

Newcomer
Built a slime hutch and two tiger slimes hatched, a male and a female, meanwhile put two more in an incubator but next morning the male and female were nowhere to be seen. Wondered whether I had not saved the game correctly and had reverted back to a previous save. A few days later the other two hatched and the same thing happened again, no mistake this time. The hutch has an iron fence with two gates, 4 water troughs. I am not using any mods.

Anyone else experienced this?

UPDATE: I have discovered that the hatched slimes are invisible as the slime hatch has 2 slime balls and also there is a young slime but visually there are no other slimes present.

Last edited:

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
Try moving items around. I have found slimes can get stuck behind the slime egg-press if I place a column of them along the left wall. You may be able to see a tiny little dot wiggling about near them. When you pull the items out, you should see the slimes jumping free. They also tend to get trapped under gates if you close them while they moved in line with them.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Built a slime hutch and two tiger slimes hatched, a male and a female, meanwhile put two more in an incubator but next morning the male and female were nowhere to be seen. Wondered whether I had not saved the game correctly and had reverted back to a previous save. A few days later the other two hatched and the same thing happened again, no mistake this time. The hutch has an iron fence with two gates, 4 water troughs. I am not using any mods.

Anyone else experienced this?

UPDATE: I have discovered that the hatched slimes are invisible as the slime hatch has 2 slime balls and also there is a young slime but visually there are no other slimes present.
That’s really odd, maybe they have some sort of colour value that renders them invisible (alongside presumably a change in 1.6 to those values or something similar as I’ve never seen this issue before)