has this happened to you?

Akuriko

Farmhand
Hay all, so I was going to my pig and goat barn, and my trinket the ice wand attacked something so I finally toast it and it turns out it one of those crabs that look like a rock, it explodes giving me 3 crabs, 17 truffles and 1 truffle oil, I was like woah, has anything similar happen to you?

Ah..... it seems as if you have encountered the Truffle Crab (new in version 1.6)! Instead of a rock, it hides under a Truffle.

But to answer your question, no... it hasn't happened to me yet because I fall into the trap of only checking my barn/coop area for truffles early in the morning while I'm trying to pet my animals and then running off to do other things like tending to my crops or going crazy in Skull Caverns... but I bet it'll happen pretty soon for me :smile:

VampireCake

Farmer
Yup, that's a Truffle Crab. There's a small chance a pig will dig one up instead of a regular truffle. I've had a couple pop up, although I think they only dropped 3 truffles, not the mega haul you got, lol. I tried leaving one alive to see if I could keep it around, it despawned overnight though. :grumpy:

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I met 2 of those buggers. Not at the same time, though. They seem to be pretty rare.

Only 3 truffles dropped from each and of normal quality, despite having the Foraging skill for iridium pickups.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Gosh I wonder if you had a couple stacked atop one another if that's even possible.

They should only be able to get a few truffles - a diminishing chance for the next up to 3 (more if you have the burglar ring), not a whopping 17

Sockpuppet

Planter
I have come across a few truffle crabs on my Stardew Expanded farm when collecting truffles around my pig barn.