Has anyone thought about servers?

Did no one ever think of creating a server for the game? Remake the core, systems, and other things. Something in the spirit of closed servers in minecraft, where you pay at the beginning, and then you get to the server. Or am I the only one who worries about it?

Odin

Staff member
I think because Stardew has a small dev team and given how much worked seemed to be required for the current implementation of multiplayer, that's probably unlikely to happen. I believe there are some mods that allow people to create an "always on" multiplayer game though :)

I think because Stardew has a small dev team and given how much worked seemed to be required for the current implementation of multiplayer, that's probably unlikely to happen. I believe there are some mods that allow people to create an "always on" multiplayer game though :)
See, that's interesting. I've always wondered the same thing. But that would be neat if that mod exists.
I'd very much enjoy seeing servers similar to the paid ones on Minecraft. Very neat idea.

I would try to do a server build from mods, but... The original multiplayer is bad, but there are also mods that expand the possibilities. It was fun, but too many problems and bugs.