Has anybody else, regretted the farm type chosen, late-game come?

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
While the Meadowlands Farm gives you an early boost (in money and unlocking products/goods order), now that i am near the endgame (finishing up some chores before maximizing production in large-scale and tackling special orders/qi quests/whatnot), it feels like a big letdown...

The only merits of blue grass, is making the animals happy faster and their products, of a slightly higher quality than the usual rates. Once they reach max happiness though and if you invest in artisanal goods instead of animal products, it is somewhere next to... Useless?

That and the lack of space, is troubling. While i do not farm anymore, past year 2, outside of greenhouse and Ginger Island, there is not enough ground to build as many fishponds and wild trees orchards as i need! That is, with expanding towards other areas, such as the railroad, for wild trees...

I miss my good old, Standard Farm, from 1.5! Anyone else feels like they made a wrong choice of farm and realized that, only when it was too late?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Not really as I enjoy having a set of limitations put on stuff and working with and around them, makes for a more creative experience I find, and there is always enough space on any farm for everything I would want.

Also the meadowland farm has almost the same space as something like standard so space should be far from the issue.

ArthurManenti

Farmhand
It happened to me with the Meadowlands farm.
But I download a mod that allowed me to remove the ponds and made the green grass tillable. Yay, happiness again

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I started with the Riverside Farm because I saw "river" and thought "River! River water, water good!". I didn't realize until playing the other maps how restraining it is, and it's really not compensated for by easy fishing because so much of the input is garbage.

stardew_luv

Planter
Yes. I change farm types all the time through a save editor. Forest farm is great for starting out, but not good later game for multiple barns/coops (if you want them to have space to move lol. Hill top and river land just suck. I love the way they look but they are not suitable to much else. My favorite are Standard, Beach, Forest, and new Medowland.