Hardest Grandpa Goal's

Gewitsch

Greenhorn
Hello,

I wanted to ask you whether you have a certain set of grandpa goal's that are near impossible :(

For me it is the challenge:
1) Raise Animals/Expand the farm (2 players the animals and four players the farm)
2) Restore the museum
3) Catching legendary fish
4) Explore the mine

I would love to see someone doing a video beating their hardest goal's.

Odin

Staff member
I want to catch all the legendary fish, but they are super hard to catch so far. I also want to donate all artifacts to the museum. I think it would be interesting to see someone on video complete their goals. My current goal is to reach level 100 in the skull cavern.
Just wanted to mention this thread is in the Board Game section, and isn't a discussion of the video game itself.

DJModulo

Sodbuster
A lot of the 'hardness' of the goals depends on player count IMO. Generally speaking, I found most goals easier to achieve with 4 players than with 1 or 2, but there are some exceptions to that rule.

Easy:
-Make Friends. On average you need these anyway just to reveal the CC bundles, and a decently sized friend pool allows for you to get the maximum out of gift abilities. Consistently easy.
-Save enough Gold. Gold is fairly abundant lategame even if there is no farmer or fisher among yourselves. Gets more trivial the more players you have.
-Expand the Farm. Essentially the goal reads: 10 gold per player plus some wood and Robin visits. The buildings are generally useful to have around though and the wood is fairly easy to get while doing some river fishing or buying animals. Also gets more trivial the more players you have.

Medium:
-Raise Animals. This requires some more serious cash, but cash is the one resource that's fairly consistent to get. Again gets easier the more players you have.
-Upgrade Starting Tools. Almost trivial in a 1-2 player game if you have either the pickaye or the fishing rod, but you can get screwed out of ore. Harder in a 3-4 player game as you suddenly need a lot of ore, which you can get screwed out of.

Hard:
-Catch Legendary Fish. Functionally requires the fishing profession to clear the fish track fast enough. This can be especially rough in a 1-2 player game if the legends don't show up decently early; 3-4 players have an easier time here.
-Explore the Mine. Functionally requires a pickaxe with a few upgrades and can get absolutely scuffed by a mine level with empty HH/HJ slots. 1-2 players can potentially work around these levels a bit better due to needing less stones for staircases; 3-4 players functionally require a very dedicated miner.
-Restore the Museum. Decently easy for 1-2 players especially with the Foraging profession; you can essentially donate whatever you find. Hardest goal by far for 4 players IMO; there's basically no consistent way to get artifacts or minerals (the closest being a high pickaxe level miner on level 7+, but it's easy to miss geodes on these levels) AND you basically have to have locked this goal one week before the end whereas any other goal you can easily finish off in the last week.

My hardest set of goals would be something like this (ordered by hardness):

4 players:
- Donate to the Museum
- Explore the Mine
- Catch Legendary Fish
- Upgrade Starting Tools

3 players:
- Explore the Mine
- Catch Legendary Fish
- Raise Animals
- Donate to the Museum / Upgrade Starting Tools

2 players:
- Catch Legendary Fish
- Explore the Mine
- Raise Animals
- Donate to the Museum / Upgrade Starting Tools

1 player:
- Catch Legendary Fish
- Raise Animals
- Explore the Mine / Upgrade Starting Tools
- Save enough Gold / Upgrade Starting Tools

ppokemon246

Newcomer
In my time playing the game, geting deep into the mine is by far the hardest thing. We have never even gotten close. Even with three players we never even get close. the only way I have ever won with two people when the mine was one of the initial goals and then an event traded it out for something else. This is with a miner always going into the mines at least once.

How does anyone complete this challenge? it is by far the hardest one imo

kailomonkey

Tiller
I've only played solo so it's hard to say. I lost 3 times then won 3 times.

Mines in single player is the biggest challenge I did beat the game twice with the mines though. One of them I swapped it out from an event, but the other time I received some fortunate items and upgrades as well as getting married.
[ppokemon246 follow quote link for game report beating the Mines]
Building can be a pain to get in when your inventory is full on your own, and you need to waste turns to pick up wood needed. But this one combines really well with the Animals goal.

Museum is one that has rarely come up for me. It requires a lot of luck or picking up every forageable spot every season with four players by the looks of it, although maybe you'll have the extra turns to mine and to open geodes. Museum and geodes seemed a dead area of the game for me simply because I wasn't getting this goal.

Money goal is okay if you have a good income set up but the whole game gets slowed down by trying to achieve everything at once and sometimes getting nowhere. So it's either easy or a pain.