Hard mode slimes in slime hutch + Other fun slime things

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know, the hard mode slimes don't lay special eggs and there isn't much to the slime hutch other than for fun (which I think is a great reason, but it could certainly use some more love!) so it would be cool for there to be some more features about the slime hutch that maybe could give more end-game benefit to the farm in a different way than artisanal stuff or golden chickies. These ideas aren't super refined, so I'll just list some in hopes of inspiring some cool ideas:

- prismatic slimes that can lay any type of egg/produce more slime
- hard mode slimes that lay unique eggs of their color
- hard mode prismatic slimes that have a higher chance of giving prismatic shards/prismatic items
- based off the funny oversight where slimes will greet villagers, maybe an item that can put slimes in a terrarium and you can ship them/sell them to others as pets and they have random stats that determine how much they sell for
- repeatable quests that involve using the slime hutch, such as trying to breed a certain color or having a certain amount of a type of slime
- maybe another price buff for slime eggs so they're more worthwhile to breed/sell (probably won't make the same amount as artisanal goods but it's an optional that gives significant bonuses)
- extremely rare starred-slime eggs that guarantee certain items vs. fighting them in the wild
- befriending slimes??? besties??
- maybe the ability to gift them and they can like incubate the gifts which change their color/make them friendlier to you or allow you to take items from their prize pool without hurting them
- literally anything similar to chao garden in sonic adventure 2 i will devour without a second thought because that is the reason i still play that game like a decade and a half later

I'm not exactly sure how end-gamey this would be but I don't have too many ideas regarding keeping the game balanced... still though, I hope you enjoyed reading these ideas!

MissDandy

Farmer
I actually love all of these ideas! I have actually heard quite a few people saying they want more to do with the slimes. Also someone once suggested on here that there should be a way to collect all the slime eggs, including the grey and brown ones and such.

I also think it would be kind of cool if you could name slimes too. You can name all your other animals, so what's the harm right?

I could see it become a part of the game that you can set goals and work towards something, like growing a slime empire haha. Again, I love these ideas! Especially the first one, like the Junimos, that change colour. I want it so bad now haha.

- literally anything similar to chao garden in sonic adventure 2 i will devour without a second thought because that is the reason i still play that game like a decade and a half later
SA2 will always have a place in my heart idc how old it gets or how old I get this game will always be legendary. The Chao garden idea would be so cool to see in game.

FairyRing

Farmer
I love these ideas! I'm a huge fan of slimes. I do go into my slime hutch just for fun a lot. It would be nice to have more interaction abilities. The tiger slimes should drop striped eggs. It would be neat when they hatch on the farmland they turn more into a"pet" like the barnyard animals. they could become "tame" and offer different benefits as a tame slime. Maybe have black cursed slimes offer something different too...

Boo1972

Farmer
You can breed grey and brown slimes, but I kinda like the idea of more slime egg colors to match the variety of slimes. I’m thinking yellow, magenta, brown and grey. I like all the ideas Magically Clueless suggested, but I’d sacrifice all of them for an easier way to separate slimes for breeding and a redesign on the hutch. It’s aesthetics kill me.