PC Hard mode "Journey of the Prairie King" level refuses to end after timer ticked down to 0

I have a prairie king game I keep advancing level per level on some ingame mornings. However, I can no longer keep going. On the level you see, the enemies keep spawning long after the timer ticked down to zero. I even tried using a nuke in case they will keep appearing as long as there are some on screen, but nothing.

Some other details:
  • The game has been played through several mornings (so a continued game, not on one sitting). These mornings are not consecutive, this is spread through ingame years, and I think even through minor versions (I think I started this one on 1.5.1).
  • I haven't died once (that the game knows 😇).
  • Both mummies and demons keep spawning.
  • Dying adds time to timer as usual, but it doesn't look like it registers the timer being at 0.
  • I think this is the level just before the final boss.
  • It's not just updating to 1.5.4, I went through two worlds with no problem. This specific level is just the one that showed this problem.
  • I think I have all purchasable upgrades (as you can see on the lower left corner).

prairie.png

Ok, I've given it another try, on another in-game day. I managed to complete the level, although I'm pretty sure the timer actually went like twice or thrice the normal duration. Starting after the (visual) timer counted down to 0, I had a wave of demons, like 10 to 15 spawn around me, at least three times during the actual remaining time. I'm honestly not sure if this is some surprise wave exclusive to hard mode, or the level is supposed to last more than the previous ones and the timer bar hasn't been adapted to match the new duration, or what.