Good mods?

StardewWizard

Sodbuster
I recently learned how to use mods, and i want to try out as many as possible on a brand new world. What are your favorite mods, or mods you think would be good for a new world?

Golden

Planter
The Tractor mod is really cool and fun to use. if you are looking for a really cool but cheap mod then CJB's mods are really cool.

kdau

Tiller
If you've already played extensively with the various vanilla farm maps, or even if you haven't, it might be fun to try a custom farm map. There are lots of good choices; I'm fond of DaisyNiko's maps myself. If you go with one of the larger-than-vanilla maps, Golden's suggestion of Tractor Mod is even more important.

If you want a significant visual departure from vanilla, you could also use a recolor mod such as Starblue Valley or Eemie's Recolor.

If you want to expand the farming experience itself, take a look at various PPJA mods. They add enough new crops, recipes, machines, etc., to let you try all kinds of farming.

tommybob

Planter
UI Info Suite is an information based mod, adds more UI to see what's going on.
Adds visible radius' when placing sprinklers, scarecrows and more.
Give you experience bars for your skills.
Adds crop timers when you hover over them
Tells you if an item is in a bundle

I love it, I honestly wouldn't enjoy Stardew as much without this mod.

Blue_Three

Cowpoke
For now I will only play with mods that are non-intrusive.

Lookup Anything will let you display (live) information on just about everything by pushing F1. It's basically the wiki, but included in-game, so it'll save you a lot of tabbing out.
Chest Label System lets you do just that. Add titles to your just and get a tooltip when you hover over one with your mouse.