Giving gifts that disgust

FairyRing

Farmer
Anyone want to share that story of giving the perfect gift to one of our Valley companions and have them hate you for it.
I got a Lupini original painting and I gave it to Leah for the feast of the Winter star. She really did not appreciate it even after being impressed at the Night market by it. I gave a chicken statue to Shane he still holds it against me.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Anyone want to share that story of giving the perfect gift to one of our Valley companions and have them hate you for it.
I got a Lupini original painting and I gave it to Leah for the feast of the Winter star. She really did not appreciate it even after being impressed at the Night market by it. I gave a chicken statue to Shane he still holds it against me.
It was made with real chicken, that's why.

So, one time I was wandering around Pellican Town, early Spring, Year 1. I had just done something that the game was like "hey good job, now i have a new quest for you, give someone a gift". Well, I had already just given away my last good item to Jodi or something. I bump into Harvey, shuffle around my pockets really quick, find some rocks, give them to him, and his reaction is pretty much like Haley when I ask her to dance "Ew.". Then, for giving Harvey some rocks and him hating it, the game awarded me 300g or something like that for completing a journal quest.

Best. Gift. Ever.

Boo1972

Farmer
I have done this frequently, but the one that really sticks in my mind is the dwarf. They kept talking about milk, wondering what it’s like, so I did what any good friend would do and brought them some.

Do not give the dwarf milk. It does weird things to them after midnight.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Too right about the Dwarf!

After a particularly mediocre Mine run, I celebrated avoiding my usual 0 Health collapse with a round of moo juice with the little guy at which point he started to gurgle and froth at the mouth, and perhaps various other body parts. One unholy scream later and he popped up with a maniacal look in his eyes and proceeded to lecture me at length about Thoreau's Walden in an erudite tone with genteel manners.

So obviously I fell asleep and was the next day subjected to Marlon's jeers and bogus, swindling "Item Recovery Service" boondoggle which of course never has my Prismatic Shards or Pink Cakes.

Never mind those little heart candies dropped on the floor...

Sigrah

Farmer
Too right about the Dwarf!

After a particularly mediocre Mine run, I celebrated avoiding my usual 0 Health collapse with a round of moo juice with the little guy at which point he started to gurgle and froth at the mouth, and perhaps various other body parts. One unholy scream later and he popped up with a maniacal look in his eyes and proceeded to lecture me at length about Thoreau's Walden in an erudite tone with genteel manners.

So obviously I fell asleep and was the next day subjected to Marlon's jeers and bogus, swindling "Item Recovery Service" boondoggle which of course never has my Prismatic Shards or Pink Cakes.

Never mind those little heart candies dropped on the floor...
At least he didn't spend an entire night lecturing you on why comparing him to a Jawa from Star Wars is really, REALLY not ok.

Ellajoy

Rancher
It was made with real chicken, that's why.

So, one time I was wandering around Pellican Town, early Spring, Year 1. I had just done something that the game was like "hey good job, now i have a new quest for you, give someone a gift". Well, I had already just given away my last good item to Jodi or something. I bump into Harvey, shuffle around my pockets really quick, find some rocks, give them to him, and his reaction is pretty much like Haley when I ask her to dance "Ew.". Then, for giving Harvey some rocks and him hating it, the game awarded me 300g or something like that for completing a journal quest.

Best. Gift. Ever.
YES!! I have done that before.

nicodeux

Farmer
That is puzzling that Linus does not like carp (i.e. that carp is not an exception for universal hated gift with him) for one which spends so much time in the mountain area and clearly states that he feeds from what the lake can offer to him... He even shares lake fishes or fish dishes by mail with the farmer.

Confused

Rancher
One time, in like my very first play-through ever, I gave Shane a field snack. He hated it, and little me was heartbroken. I worked hard on that field snack SHANE! :/

Pluffy

Planter
When I first started playing on a switch (I would later go to the desktop version for I can mod the fishing game.) I didn't know how the controls worked, so I would accidently give bad gifts to the villagers, when I just wanted to talk to them, I also given Harvey mixed seeds because I didn't know you planted them, I thought it was food and my mind want to "Harvey is a doctor so he probably like getting healthy stuff." Turned out to be right though.

On the desktop, I accidently given Harvey a spice berry on his BIRHDAY, I forgotten he didn't like them. I ended up restarting, though that's for a different reason. (Forgot why)