Ginger Island again

Miretar

Planter
So I went back again. I made it through the volcano and got some lovely enchants.
I did a bunch of Qui quests, which were all very easy. The Galaxy soul rewards were great, but there is really nothing else I need.

my overall verdict is still thumbs down.
I feel like I’m dancing to the tune of squaw parrots.
I find no fun in the volcano dungeon.

Two more biggies, the Crystal cave quest & the dart game. Can’t get them, gave up trying. Pointless performance art in my opinion. Same thing with panning for a fossil.
So I won’t get all the golden walnuts. No perfection for me then—but hey, I refuse to get married just to get the missing Stardrop and perfection is still more arbitrary performance art. But I digress.

The thing I hate most are the changes to the mines.. I love mining. It suits my mood when I am incredibly stressed and need a boring, soothing repetitive action. That’s gone now, thanks to Qui’s mine reset.

I don’t mind the tougher monsters, but I do think it was tacky not to improve the loot drops. I can’t get excited over radioactive ore.i It’s the art. Certain levels were hard enough to see on mobile before, but now it’s impossible, especially the green levels. However often I go back, the visuals remain stubbornly arty and pretentious.
Even when I take the quest, wasting for staircases again, the reset to the old mine graphics is only temporary.
Not overall not a good design choice in my opinion.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Volcano trips become obsolete, once you unlock hte "mini-forge" from masteries... You still need to farm for Dragon's Tooth, though.

Galaxy souls do not come in the form of rewards and they aren't possible (rare) drops in the volcano dungeon... Only in Dangerous Skull Cavern or Dangerous Mines. Unless you mean the points to unlock.

Volcano dungeon is fun and it requires no staircases! Although it appeals more to speedrunners, or something.

Crystal cave is random; just reenter it once you fail and if you become lucky, there will be bigger delay inbetween the dings. Dart game is hard, but if you don't move your mouse during the in-game target is moving all by itself (you move your mouse once it temporarily pauses its passive movement) and remember to keep the left click pressed until the "crosshair" is fully minimized, then you can hit best. Fossils are easy to come by and even easier, once you enchant your pan. You don't need to manually collect golden walnuts for perfection either, since 1.6 onwards, you can opt to paying the local Joja parrot extravagant sums, so as you instantly earn them.

Marriage isn't for Stardrop reward, but for the cool factor of it being a nice, carefree relationship, which is effortlessly maintained, conveniently idolized and completely free of real life's "complications", "ugliness", "misadventures" and "accidents". Also, if you feel like, you can get a divorce and remarry, or remain single, post earning the benefits of x/y spouse.

As for mines, they can revert to their original state at will. Post finishing the Qi quest, if you interact with the altar at the last floor. The loot might not be better, but is more varied at least; you can now earn special items, such as pressure nozzles, randomly.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
but there is really nothing else I need.
The items there are really all up to choice to use, stuff like the deconstructors are amazing for cheap and fast fiber, stone, hardwood, and bars

Two more biggies, the Crystal cave quest & the dart game. Can’t get them, gave up trying.
Dart game can come down to some skill though is easier if you try to zone out and don't overexert yourself with trying to get perfect shots. Sometimes leaving it up to luck is workable
You can record or write down the order of the simon says puzzle, it also slows down the more you fail it so maybe keep failing? As counterintuitive as that may seem

When 1.6 comes in November you'll be able to just buy the walnuts, good for any you're missing.

If you really really want them now just use item IDs to spawn them in, they still count like normal

The thing I hate most are the changes to the mines.. I love mining. It suits my mood when I am incredibly stressed and need a boring, soothing repetitive action. That’s gone now, thanks to Qui’s mine reset.
Optional quest, you can just not accept it or decline it in the journal tab if you don't like it. Besides some ore you can get by just resetting level 1 it isn't at all required
I don’t mind the tougher monsters, but I do think it was tacky not to improve the loot drops. I can’t get excited over radioactive ore.i It’s the art. Certain levels were hard enough to see on mobile before, but now it’s impossible, especially the green levels. However often I go back, the visuals remain stubbornly arty and pretentious.
There's a balance that has to be met and the loot pools largely are made better. You can get iridium needles, stuff from sc treasure loot, autopetters, qi gems, galaxy souls.
Overinflating the item pool with progressively less useful items locked in the end game would just be boring

It's largely a matter of skill getting through them, you can use staircases or try a different control scheme in settings. Buttons and joystick with horizontal toolbar takes some getting used to but is strictly superior mechanically
Even when I take the quest, wasting for staircases again, the reset to the old mine graphics is only temporary.
Again, you don't need to take the quest, purely optional, if you're doing it for the gems then it isn't a waste of staircases
I don't really get your point about the rest to the old mines graphic only being temporary, you can just not accept the quest and leave the old mines be forever, this is again purely optional

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Volcano trips become obsolete, once you unlock hte "mini-forge" from masteries... You still need to farm for Dragon's Tooth, though.
As well as cinder shards to actually use the mini forge....

Once you get to level 10 of the volcano you get a shortcut there, nobody is running through the whole volcano for the forge, they're running through it for the cinder shards to use the forge...

You can use ponds for both teeth and shards but it's crazy slow and you still need to do the monster slayer goal for the fire sprites/sparkers