getting the spark back

mootatedcows

Greenhorn
hi guys, i have around 180 hours on sdv and ive recently lost the spark for the game. i love playing it but it bores me out quickly, i really want to find that spark again because its such an amazing game. can someone please help me?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
if you have the PC version, downloading mods is a nice way to refresh your experience :happy: i also recommend trying a different type of character, making challenges for yourself (plant only crops, make your money only through fishing, complete community center with some limitations, etc.), marrying someone else, or putting focus on a feature you didn't pay attention to much your first time playing.

there are lots of ways to play! but it's okay to get burnt out once in a while, just recharge and the game will always be waiting for you

Joker

Cowpoke
Burnout happens, there's nothing wrong with putting the game down until you naturally feel the urge to play again.

Aside from that, maybe try out the different types of farms. Try dating NPCs that you normally avoid. Try "challenge" runs like completing the community center in your first year or getting a million gold before your first Winter. Spend some time decorating your farm and sprucing the world up. There's really a lot you can do in Stardew!

Anthonygood

Farmhand
Every time I start a new farm, I find spring year 1 to be the most exhausting and boring season.

Once I get some chickens , sprinklers, and more bundles unlocked, then the game gets interesting.

After year 3 the game gets kind or boring.

I just save emotional stamina and start a new farm, repeating the process. Always completing the journey of making a successful happy game file.

If you get bored, you can try world of warcraft on PC or animal crossing on Switch.

I don't play ps4 or xbox so I can't reccomend anything.

Goodluck and have fun.

Proto-Nerd

Tiller
I've got like 500 hours clocked across three platforms... I play a lot of stardew and other life sim/crafting games that after the initial objectives the game and enjoyment you get out of it really becomes what you make of it.

I always found that I enjoy the game most when I'm not playing like "I" am the farmer and when my farmer is more than just a cute sprite and a different name. (Step away from what you know works best and focus on what the character you made would actually do)

Example: I had one playthrough were I was playing a brewery farm making beer, ale and mead. Ended up marrying Shane and played through an entire scenario where my farmer basically burned all their kegs and became a jelly baron.

I guess what I'm suggesting is try adding more roleplay into it. Making yourself do silly tasks because "x fake thing" happened can be pretty fun. I think I'm gonna do a supersticous character next and decide on a few silly tasks that I'll need to complete if "x thing happens" (Everytime I see a rabbit I have to eat a cave carrot, ECT.)

soupyboot

Cowpoke
I've got like 500 hours clocked across three platforms... I play a lot of stardew and other life sim/crafting games that after the initial objectives the game and enjoyment you get out of it really becomes what you make of it.

I always found that I enjoy the game most when I'm not playing like "I" am the farmer and when my farmer is more than just a cute sprite and a different name. (Step away from what you know works best and focus on what the character you made would actually do)

Example: I had one playthrough were I was playing a brewery farm making beer, ale and mead. Ended up marrying Shane and played through an entire scenario where my farmer basically burned all their kegs and became a jelly baron.

I guess what I'm suggesting is try adding more roleplay into it. Making yourself do silly tasks because "x fake thing" happened can be pretty fun. I think I'm gonna do a supersticous character next and decide on a few silly tasks that I'll need to complete if "x thing happens" (Everytime I see a rabbit I have to eat a cave carrot, ECT.)
That's a great idea to spice up almost any playthrough of a sim game dang, that makes me want to start a new save file and play like that.

Anhaga

Rancher
If you are going to do mods, check out SDV Expanded, it adds a whole lot of new content and characters!
SDV Expanded is pretty awesome--I'm having loads of fun going through that. I'm forcing myself to not look at the SDVE info available online for gifting options for the new characters, which has added quite a bit of challenge.

Speaking of which, that could be a fun playthrough. Give as many characters as possible as many gifts as possible and see if you can find something unexpected that they like or hate?

quirmzi

Sodbuster
I think fo most people, they have a certain activity they like to do or a group of NPC's they always talk to. Try going off that path and do something you would've never done before! For example, if you haven't married a bachelor/bachelorette before, go for them! Or only earn money one way, like fishing or mining! Just remember that you don't have to force yourself to want to play a game. It should be totally optional.