Question Getting started with NPC pathing changes

robinspi

Greenhorn
Hello,

I'm currently running a heavily modded setup (415 mods, with 103 patching game code!) and things largely work, to my amazement. But now I am having some trouble with Stardew Valley Expanded, where the two Joja-Mart employee NPCs walk straight down out of the bus, walk through the sign, and crash into the fence, and are stuck there for the remainder of the day. Now with 415 mods installed, I don't want to bother anyone with troubleshooting for me, and while I'm new to modding Stardew, I am plenty competent when it comes to programming. So ultimately, I figured I should fix bug this myself. I've started with the basics, checking to see I have the latest version of everything. I've resolved all errors in the console, and things are now just warnings of deprecations for SMAPI and the likes. There are no crashes, just incorrect behavior now.

Getting to the heart of the issue, I assuming this is some form of pathing issue caused by some conflict of mods. I am going to attempt to rectify it from the side of SVE (Stardew Valley Extended), as it will be easier than tracking down the source of the conflict. As such, I am looking at the Content Patcher section of SVE, as that's what contains the map and schedule code. I also assume that can be resolved either via editing a map or changing some config somewhere in some mod. I have found that Tiled is a way to edit the .tmx and .tbin map files, and that appears to be one way of moving forward. But:
  1. I don't know if these maps contain path data for NPCs.
  2. I don't know how to import a disparate project like this (i.e. the tilesheets used in the maps are from other mods / directories and not the local directory, so they are seen as missing)
The alternative to the map editor is searching for pathing data in some other files, but I have not found anything that looks remotely like it yet.

Oh, and just in case, my system is running Windows 10, Stardew 1.5.6, and SMAPI 3.18.6

---

TL,DR: How do I change an NPC's pathing?

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated~~