Games "Similar" to Stardew?

SquirrelTail15

Greenhorn
I love Stardew to bits. I've been playing it on and off for years and it'll probably always be my favorite videogame. But, my game is (possibly permenantly) broken now; so, I want some suggestions for similar games to play. NOT games that are similar in gameplay or art style (which are the things a lot of 'Games Like X' lists reccomend), but in tone and writing (I've played My Time At Portia, Slime Rancher, Summer In Mara, AC New Horizons etc. And while they are definitely good games, they're only similar in the mechanics and not the meanings).

Anyone got any suggestions or favorite games they'd like me to try? I own a windows dell laptop and a switch.

imnvs

Local Legend
What? How could your game be permanently broken in any way? Perhaps the save for the one farm you've been playing is corrupted, but there should be nothing that prevents you playing the game.

What console are you looking for games for?
I like Harvest Moon: Light of Hope but it could be a bit too easy... It's great for my daughter though.
If you are looking for games for a 3DS console I know several. Rune Factory 4 is on Steam now though.

Odin

Staff member
There are some good recommendations here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/best-similar-games-to-try.10537/
I recommended the game Littlewood there, which I would stand by as a great game with many similarities.
But, my game is (possibly permenantly) broken now;
I see you already posted in the support section, but since you were unable to resolve your issue, you can also try asking on the Stardew Discord server, in the #technical-support channel. I hope you're able to get your issue resolved so you can play Stardew again!

SquirrelTail15

Greenhorn
What console are you looking for games for?
I said in the message 😆 - I have a Windows Dell Laptop and a Switch Lite.

What? How could your game be permanently broken in any way? Perhaps the save for the one farm you've been playing is corrupted, but there should be nothing that prevents you playing the game.
Nope. The game itself won't open the UI or the game window in the right size. Unless I wanna spend 10 bucks on the Switch version (for which I cannot do multiplayer, can't transfer my save files to and don't have any muscle memory), then I'm permenantly locked out.

I see you already posted in the support section, but since you were unable to resolve your issue, you can also try asking on the Stardew Discord server, in the #technical-support channel. I hope you're able to get your issue resolved so you can play Stardew again!
I'll do that - thank you!

swpauhk

Greenhorn
Steam : Coral Island (Alpha version), A New Leaf: Memories (March, 2022), Farm Folk, The Ranchers, Snacko are sth like SDV (although they are not released yet now but worth to keep an eye on them)

Research Story is another game it is not out yet, but it should either be released, or the demo should be released during Steam Fest Feb 21-28. I am planning to try out the demo for a bit of a change.

I’m not sure what other platforms this game is on (I use a PS4), but Little Dragon Cafe. I really enjoyed playing it and it focuses more on foraging and cooking and has a good storyline. I don’t know if that’s what you were looking for, but there you go.

I have seen Littlewood on the Steam Shop page! I don't know much about it, what is the premise of the game? I am interested in it, just wanted to know a bit more about it, without a massive amount of spoilers if possible. Like what are you doing? Does it have an ending?
I haven't gotten too far into it, but it's also a pixel indie game! You're a hero that doesn't remember anything from this war and now you get to re-build a safe haven with your friends. It's really relaxed and instead of decorating a farm, you're decorating your whole town. It's really wholesome and also heavy in character interactions and world-building. I'm not sure if there's a certain ending, but there are lots of things to do like in Stardew. There does seem to be a main plotline, but I haven't finished it yet. It also seems like it's not necessary to do it unless you want to. Overall, a very vanilla game that goes at your pace. Someone could explain it much better than I can but I recommend giving it a go!

Odin

Staff member
Someone could explain it much better than I can but I recommend giving it a go!
I think you gave a good explanation, but I already had this typed up, so I figured I would give my attempt as well. The basic overview of the game is that you're building a town (the game is in many ways inspired by Animal Crossing when it comes to the town), and in order to build everything, you have to venture out into specific areas of the world (a forest, a mine, among others) to gather resources. Like Stardew, you have a limit to each day, but rather than a clock, you just have an energy bar. Once you deplete your energy, you have to end the day (or you pass out if you're not careful, which I've done quite a few times).

I would definitely recommend the game, and although I can't speak to if it has an ending yet, I get the feeling that it's much like Stardew in that you can play for as long as you wish.

Confused

Rancher
I have seen Littlewood on the Steam Shop page! I don't know much about it, what is the premise of the game? I am interested in it, just wanted to know a bit more about it, without a massive amount of spoilers if possible. Like what are you doing? Does it have an ending?
I've played the game myself and enjoyed it very much... Until I got stuck!-

Don't get me wrong! The game is pretty good, there's a lot to do gameplay-wise, you can romance several different characters that are all very unique! There is a lot of things you can complete. But for me, I got to the point where my town felt very finished, sure you can keep leveling up your skills over and over by doing the same tasks every day but that's not where the fun is for me. Basically, there's not a lot of guidance, I tried looking online for what I was to do at the time but kinda hit a roadblock of very little info. Maybe it's just me though, I haven't played in a long time so it might be different, I say look into it for yourself though! It's nice to support an independent creator! :hlevel: