Game suggestions for dovs

Should they add an option for save game during crash game?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

s1nful_vampyr

Newcomer
Passionate gamer advocating for improved save features in gaming. I believe that developers should implement an option to automatically save progress at the point of a crash, enhancing the overall gaming experience. 🎮

I wonder if autosaving only at/after point of crash is technically possible
🤔, but I'm not technically skilled enough to do more than a ponder. You may also consider raising this in the "Game Suggestions" section of the forum, I don't know if it'll increase visibility of the suggestion but it may help a bit considering it's the centralized location for suggesting new features / enhancements.

Toggled on/off and routinely checkpointed autosave could be a nice addition, but cheating me who resets the day even if a tiny thing doesn't go my farmer's way will turn it off. Oh the woes of tossing that Living Hat into the trash can instead of weeds and then having it autosave on me! Certainly Harvey can't catch me with those hospital bills after the volcano consumed me on my quest to find all three Dragontooth items, these 1000 dollars are for Alex only!

Nope, for 2 reasons:

1) far more likely to cause save game corruption. Generally it crashes for a reason, imagine the frustration at not only having the game crash but choosing to save and now every time you load it crashes again.

2) could be used to exploit. The game has no idea if a crash is the game’s fault or someone using alt+f4 to force close it. If someone enabled that, they could basically use it to quick save, and perform all kinds of exploits.

so from a player experience and game integrity standpoint, it’s a bad idea.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Nope, for 2 reasons:

1) far more likely to cause save game corruption. Generally it crashes for a reason, imagine the frustration at not only having the game crash but choosing to save and now every time you load it crashes again.

2) could be used to exploit. The game has no idea if a crash is the game’s fault or someone using alt+f4 to force close it. If someone enabled that, they could basically use it to quick save, and perform all kinds of exploits.

so from a player experience and game integrity standpoint, it’s a bad idea.
I mean it already exists on the mobile version of the game and is used for literally exactly that, for the fact that it's incredibly broken and leads to a bunch of small issues. Quite useful for the platfrom which has by far the weakest devices (and ones which are most likely to be abandoned midday when playing)