Solved Game suddenly crashing

kreugster

Newcomer
I am new to modding and downloaded a few mods to test out. I tried to make sure they were all the latest version and everything was working fine for a few days with no issues. However a few days ago the game suddenly started crashing after about 30 seconds of opening my save file. I tried all the usual things like unstalling and reinstalling and resetting my computer, but it still wont work. Any help is appreciated ^^
SMAPI log

please let me know if I need to provide any additional information!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brimbane

Farmhand
It can basically only be one of the two CJB mods. Have you tried deactivating each of them separately (or both) to see what happens?

Hint: You don't have to delete or move the mod folders, just rename them by putting a dot (".") at the start of the mod folder name.

kreugster

Newcomer
I just tested this out and it still crashed as soon as I left the farmhouse, thank you for the advice though!

kreugster

Newcomer
I pulled the log up directly after the crash, and now even the vanilla game wont work. Idk if its a steam issue or what

Mizzion

Tiller
You may be caught with the weird monogame bug. The only fix to that is switching to legacy mod. But when you do, you won't be able to use SMAPI or mods as far as I know. You can switch to legacy mode and see if that fixes it, the instructions on how to do that will be below.

There are some instances where you will need to use the compatibility version of the game. Please be aware that SMAPI/game mods are not compatible with this version. On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown. On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.

kreugster

Newcomer
sorry for replying so late but thank you so so much!! it finally worked!!! I appreciate all your help and guidance :)