Game sometimes wont save.

Krisinatorr

Greenhorn
Hi, I've always been very fond of modded Stardew and almost always could find easy solutions for errors in my game. Sometimes when I run my game it'll save perfectly fine for a day or two, but then it gets stuck on the saving screen and I can't just leave it running for hours. I've tried to fix it myself and look to see if others have had the same problem as me but I'm just lost.

Here's my full SMAPI log- https://smapi.io/log/392da9f1e0074613b46e796be037c0c8

Thanks for the log.
I'm seeing some conflict between Portraiture, CustomCompanions and PyTK:
Code:
18:23:50    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Portraiture.PortraitFix.Postfix(NPC __instance, Texture2D& __result, Boolean& __state) in F:\Modding\Stardew-Valley\Stardew-Valley-Mods\Portraiture\PortraitsFix.cs:line 44
   at StardewValley.NPC.get_Portrait_PatchedBy<Platonymous.Portraiture>(NPC this)
   at CustomCompanions.Framework.Companions.Companion.checkAction(Farmer who, GameLocation l) in C:\Users\Floogen\Documents\GitHub Repos\CustomCompanions\CustomCompanions\Framework\Companions\Companion.cs:line 205
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.AlternativeTextures__PurrplingCat.QuestFramework>(GameLocation this, Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass859_0.<tryToCheckAt>b__0()
   at MinecartPatcher.MCPModHooks.OnGameLocation_CheckAction(GameLocation location, Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who, Func`1 action) in D:\Code\NewSDV\SDVFactory\MinecartPatcher\MCPModHooks.cs:line 58
   at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK__Platonymous.TMXLoader.Entry>(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
   at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton_PatchedBy<tlitookilakin.AeroCore>(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass913_0.<UpdateControlInput>b__0()
   at MinecartPatcher.MCPModHooks.OnGame1_UpdateControlInput(KeyboardState& keyboardState, MouseState& mouseState, GamePadState& gamePadState, Action action) in D:\Code\NewSDV\SDVFactory\MinecartPatcher\MCPModHooks.cs:line 42
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)
    repeats 85 times
Can you first try removing PyTK? It's not quite needed anymore for some of those mods like TMXL & Portraiture.

Krisinatorr

Greenhorn
I removed it like you said and it seems to be working just fine, thank you so much! There is now a part in red (Night Town CG 1.1.0 because it requires mods which aren't installed (PyTK: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1726) However I looked in my files and wasn't able to find that mod anywhere, but the games working just fine so it's not really a problem. Thank you again for the help!

I removed it like you said and it seems to be working just fine, thank you so much! There is now a part in red (Night Town CG 1.1.0 because it requires mods which aren't installed (PyTK: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1726) However I looked in my files and wasn't able to find that mod anywhere, but the games working just fine so it's not really a problem. Thank you again for the help!
Glad that worked.

I took a look at your previous log. It appears NightTown CG is the "Twice wedding in the church" mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/13238?tab=files

Code:
18:06:27    TRACE    SMAPI       Night Town CG (from Mods\Twice Wedding in the Chruch\Wedding in the Chruch\Event Map) [content pack]...
18:06:27    DEBUG    SMAPI          - Night Town CG
TXML no longer requires PyTK, but I do see in that mod a hardcoded dependency for PyTK.

If you want to continue using the mod; you'd need to go into the mod folder, and edit its 'manifest.json'.
We'll remove the "Dependency" section of the manifest file.

Mods\Twice Wedding in the Chruch\Wedding in the Chruch\Event Map\manifest.json

Original:
Code:
{
  "Name": "Night Town CG",
  "Author": "Senselthree",
  "Version": "1.1.0",
  "Description": "Add NigHT Town",
  "UniqueID": "SEnel.Senselthree.nightCG",
  "ContentPackFor": {
    "UniqueID": "Platonymous.TMXLoader",
    "MinimumVersion": "1.7.0"