Game Secret

GG Cannon

Tiller
A new suggested game secret which I find both very cute and wholesome.

It has come to my attention that a lot of people seem to put a heater, the same you use for your farm animals, inside of Linus's hut during winter.
It would be very cute if, if there is a heater placed by the player inside of Linus's hut at any moment during the winter at the end of any day of the first half of winter, that the next day, the player receives a wholesome message from Linus thanking you for that heater together with some reward and from time to time, Linus starts sending more food on the mail and his friendship level doesn't degrade with time anymore unless you give him a bad gift.
The heater will be moved to a specific place inside of the hut and converted into a permanent asset that can't be removed anymore.

Something similar could possibly be present for Leo as well after he moves to Pelican Town and the Dwarf inside the mines.
They are the only characters besides Krobus who live outside of the city, but Krobus is a monster who lives in the sewers and it is hard to know if it makes cold in the sewers and if Krobus's anatomy is even capable of feeling cold since he is a shade monster.

Feeling cold in the winter, even for someone devoted to living a wild life, is no joke and a simple working heater would really mean a lot for someone who would otherwise spend a whole season sleeping in severe conditions.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Nono, it's not that he doesn't want to stay warm, but would he want a gift from someone like that? His sleeping bag might also be perfectly warm enough to keep him warm at night. He may enjoy his rustic level of technology. There's a lot of reasons why he might not enjoy something like that.

The dwarf and krobus probably would appreciate the thought but below ground tends to be very mild. A heater would choke you in an hours use. A crystallarium w/ lemon stone or a mayonaise make though might be good gift for dwarf and krobus respectively

Nono, it's not that he doesn't want to stay warm, but would he want a gift from someone like that? His sleeping bag might also be perfectly warm enough to keep him warm at night. He may enjoy his rustic level of technology. There's a lot of reasons why he might not enjoy something like that.
Also his lifestyle seems more like not wanting to gain for the sake of gaining. Like he doesn't want to buy a house because he doesn't need a house. If his tent where to get destroyed in let's say a lightening storm or flood he would more than likely accept a new one if he had not already rebuilt/repaired a new one. I am using his food foraging for this explaination as scavaging food from trash and is not leaning to nature but just not taking more than what's needed and not letting things go to waste.

So he probably would accept it especially if you said you were replacing the one in your coop and maru offered to fix up the old one.

Ellajoy

Rancher
Well.. He goes in the spa to stay warm in winter so I think he would be fine.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I suspect it boils down to suspension of disbelief in this case. Presumably an electric heater would work in any building or structure that it's placed.
These particular heaters look like the kind you see in older apartment complexes. Radiator heaters.

1FlyCat

Planter
Aren't those powered by boilers.
Sure are.

Much as I appreciate the sentiment behind the suggestion, I too am doubtful that Linus would welcome the addition of a heater.

After all, he lives by the following mantra:
“You can learn to survive in the wild. I have. I think we all have a hidden urge to return to nature. It's just a little scary to make the leap.”

GG Cannon

Tiller
Sure are.

Much as I appreciate the sentiment behind the suggestion, I too am doubtful that Linus would welcome the addition of a heater.

After all, he lives by the following mantra:
“You can learn to survive in the wild. I have. I think we all have a hidden urge to return to nature. It's just a little scary to make the leap.”
Yet, he does have a small portable gas stove inside his hut
1618730381996.png

So, I believe Linus sees things like stoves and heaters for what they are, tools and not simple consumerism or commodity.
A stove to cook food and a heater to feel warm in the middle of the snowy winter, which is something that prevents frostbite and the chance of hypothermia, both are quite important for survival.

I genuinely believe Linus would find it a kind act and love to have a portable steam heater.

From what I've seen in the game, there isn't something like battery, electricity or any of that. Things just work. Like, magic.
It is a fantasy world with monsters and wizards, so it is not hard to imagine their technology might just work like daily magic or something, just as it can work like ours but they make things portable.

I mean, there are no electricity power lines, poles, nothing no where and things just work.
You can literally place a TV on a house built by parrots on an island which no one from outside visited in a LOOONG time and definitely has no electricity and it will work.

As I understand. Linus reads books, Linus likes to take a warm bath and all Linus seems to demonstrate is that he just doesn't think he needs to live in a fixed place in a city and depend on the purchase and sale, because humans are extremely capable of survival in the wild.

A tool that makes his survival in the wild more comfortable allowing him to sleep safe in the cold nights of winter seem to me like one of the tools he would really like to have at his disposal.