Issue Game keeps crashing on start of Winter 19

vicki

Farmhand
I have the exact same issue! If any additional information is helpful, I am in year 2 and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. Between year 1 and year 2 I have only updated 2 mods, SVE and Ridgeside (I think these two mods, as well as their required mods, are the only ones we both have downloaded).

here is my SMAPI log--

vicki

Farmhand
I have the exact same issue! If any additional information is helpful, I am in year 2 and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. Between year 1 and year 2 I have only updated 2 mods, SVE and Ridgeside (I think these two mods, as well as their required mods, are the only ones we both have downloaded).

here is my SMAPI log--
Okay! So from what I've gathered from looking through the Nexus page forum, the issue is likely from the Ridgeside Village 2.1.0 update, as there seems to be an issue with a certain NPCs schedule on that day; the creator of the mod said that this will be fixed in the next update. :)

Another person on the Nexus page said that they removed RSV for Winter 18th and 19th, and then reinstalled it on the 20th; they said this seemed to fix the issue and allowed them to progress. For people with more knowledge of how mods work: would this cause any specific problems? For example, in my save my character is married to an NPC from Ridgeside. Would removing the mod from the game and reinstalling cause any issues there?

Tybek12

Greenhorn
Were you able to locate the files (stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs ) it refers to? I wonder if this is something we could manually update?

vicki

Farmhand
Were you able to locate the files (stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs ) it refers to? I wonder if this is something we could manually update?
Unfortunately I'm not super familiar with how to look through files, (I'm horribly inept when it comes to tech 99% of the time) but based on what I saw other people saying on the Nexus and discord with a similar problem, it is probably related to Malaya's clinic schedule on Winter 19th? It's possible that I might be wrong, though; I can check later today to see if I can find more information! :-)

Tybek12

Greenhorn
That's really helpful thanks! I think I might need to do that fix you've described but similarly a bit worried about my progress in relationships with NPCs there and bunch of quests :(

@vicki @Tybek12

Yes, in certain cases like custom spouses it wouldn't be a good idea to remove the mod to skip the day.
I do see the duplicate schedule mentioned.

Fix 1 - Edit the mod:
Y'all can try disabling it so there's only 1 instance of the schedule.
If you go into the RSV ContentPack, and open the following file: [CP] Ridgeside Village/Assets/Schedules/Malaya.json

You can edit Line 44, and add 2 forward slashes to hide the duplicate schedule data.

Example:
Code:
            //"winter_19": "0 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 22 5 0/800 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 4 5 0/a1030 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 18 5 3 \"Strings\\schedules\\Malaya:checkup\"/1200 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 20 14 3 \"Strings\\schedules\\Malaya:checkup_waiting\"/1600 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 4 5 0/2030 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 22 5 2 malaya_sleep"
---
I also see a duplicate schedule for "Kimpoi" which would need editing.
Location: [CP] Ridgeside Village/Assets/Schedules/Kimpoi.json

Then edit Line 40, by adding 2 forward slashes to the beginning of the line again. Like so:
Code:
//"winter_19": "0 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 22 5 0/610 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 2 6 2/a1030 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 14 6 1 \"Strings\\schedules\\Kimpoi:checkup_waiting\"/1200 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 20 13 3/1430 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 18 5 3 \"Strings\\schedules\\Kimpoi:checkup\"/1600 Custom_Ridgeside_3Bros 16 9 1/2030 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 23 5 2 kimpoi_sleep"
Save both files, and try loading the 19th.
I'm not too familiar with the mod, but those are the only duplicates I see on Winter_19. So, if that's the only issue; these edits should help.

---
Fix 2 - Alternatively, skip the day with save editing:

Follow the wiki on the basics of editing a save: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Edit_a_save

Search for <dayOfMonth>

Set it to "20"; like so:
<dayOfMonth>20</dayOfMonth>

Save, and when you start the game it'll be the next day.
Do note; we did not edit the SaveGameInfo so it'll show the old date on the load screen, but will fix itself the next time you save.

vicki

Farmhand
@MysticTempest
@vicki @Tybek12

Yes, in certain cases like custom spouses it wouldn't be a good idea to remove the mod to skip the day.
I do see the duplicate schedule mentioned.

Fix 1 - Edit the mod:
Y'all can try disabling it so there's only 1 instance of the schedule.
If you go into the RSV ContentPack, and open the following file: [CP] Ridgeside Village/Assets/Schedules/Malaya.json

You can edit Line 44, and add 2 forward slashes to hide the duplicate schedule data.

Example:
Code:
            //"winter_19": "0 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 22 5 0/800 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 4 5 0/a1030 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 18 5 3 \"Strings\\schedules\\Malaya:checkup\"/1200 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 20 14 3 \"Strings\\schedules\\Malaya:checkup_waiting\"/1600 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 4 5 0/2030 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 22 5 2 malaya_sleep"
---
I also see a duplicate schedule for "Kimpoi" which would need editing.
Location: [CP] Ridgeside Village/Assets/Schedules/Kimpoi.json

Then edit Line 40, by adding 2 forward slashes to the beginning of the line again. Like so:
Code:
//"winter_19": "0 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 22 5 0/610 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 2 6 2/a1030 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 14 6 1 \"Strings\\schedules\\Kimpoi:checkup_waiting\"/1200 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 20 13 3/1430 Custom_Ridgeside_PaulaClinic 18 5 3 \"Strings\\schedules\\Kimpoi:checkup\"/1600 Custom_Ridgeside_3Bros 16 9 1/2030 Custom_Ridgeside_AlissaHouse 23 5 2 kimpoi_sleep"
Save both files, and try loading the 19th.
I'm not too familiar with the mod, but those are the only duplicates I see on Winter_19. So, if that's the only issue; these edits should help.

---
Fix 2 - Alternatively, skip the day with save editing:

Follow the wiki on the basics of editing a save: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Edit_a_save

Search for <dayOfMonth>

Set it to "20"; like so:
<dayOfMonth>20</dayOfMonth>

Save, and when you start the game it'll be the next day.
Do note; we did not edit the SaveGameInfo so it'll show the old date on the load screen, but will fix itself the next time you save.
Thank you so much; I tried the first fix and it worked perfectly! :-) !!!!! I was super intimidated to go messing around in the code but the way you explained it was very straightforward so again, thank you for that. I hope you have a lovely day!

@MysticTempest

Thank you so much; I tried the first fix and it worked perfectly! :-) !!!!! I was super intimidated to go messing around in the code but the way you explained it was very straightforward so again, thank you for that. I hope you have a lovely day!
No prob! Thanks to you finding that extra info; it helped narrow down a potential fix. Glad I could help out. ^-^