Issue Game crashing on Windows

kaynicole

Greenhorn
I'm new to stardew valley and my game has never has a problem until last night. I was playing and building some things on my farm and I went to save and the saving screen acted like it was frozen but still showed it was saving for 20 minutes. I finally just closed out of the game and tried relaunching multiple times and it did the same thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now it is crashing everytime I hit a chest to move it. I don't know how to fix it and I'm really sad because I want to play so bad. Can anyone help? I went to the SMAPI log thing, here is the link if anyone can help me... https://smapi.io/log/7d91892f2c624e8a8bf4942e80eb5eee

Chililover

Planter
It says in the log couldn't find manifest.json so to my best understanding of says it loaded 12 mods.
But two had warnings. Because it couldn't find the manifest. So here's what the stardew moding guide says
"SMAPI couldn't find the manifest.json file for the mod in that folder. That usually means it's not a SMAPI mod, so it won't work from the Mods folder. See that mod's documentation for install instructions."
So basically the mods are installed incorrectly I'm pretty sure. I'm no expert though. Lol

kaynicole

Greenhorn
Well I've had these same mods since I started the game and I've never had any issue with them. It didn't start doing it til I tried to update SMAPI and then it started. I deleted all the mods and it still did the same thing. I'll try again and read the modding guide again and hopefully it will fix it. Thank you lol :)

Chililover

Planter
Well I've had these same mods since I started the game and I've never had any issue with them. It didn't start doing it til I tried to update SMAPI and then it started. I deleted all the mods and it still did the same thing. I'll try again and read the modding guide again and hopefully it will fix it. Thank you lol :)
maybe something changed with smapi. I would also check that all mods are up to date it seems twelve of them are working
:

Bigger backpack. Chest anywhere.cjb cheats menu. Cjb item spawner. content patcher. Deep woods.
Gift taste helper. Lookup anything. Npc map locations. Range display. Skull cavern elevator. Stardew hack
It says there's two more that don't have a manifest. Hope I could help

kdau

Tiller
The skipped mod warning is fine. You've got the SMAPI installer folder within the Mods folder. That isn't typical, but it should be harmless.

All of the mods would appear to be up to date. The log would indicate any outdated mods that SMAPI can detect.

Unfortunately nothing in the log indicates why the crashes would be occurring. Does this log include you hitting a chest or saving overnight?