Future area in the north!

Anyone else excited as well to see what comes from behind the rock blocking the new stairs north of the railroad? Any guesses or theories?

It's a super-late-game addition in 1.5. You have to do... just about everything to unlock it, just to warn you, but I think it is worth it.
Ah good I worried it would be another month long wait for the reveal :) knowing it can be unlocked now makes it more exciting to find out.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I think it's the stinkiest of all teases in the game as the idea of places to the North were in the game for quite a while with space and paths up there, as well as mods which allow access to previously blocked-off areas leading northward. And now in v1.5 to see it actually exist very early in-game yet not being able to actually access it until in the very latest of gametimes is... mildly annoying.

Mostly because I assume now I actually need to get to floor 100 of Skull Cavern. Bleah.

"Hello Robin, yeah, I need 9801 stone. No, don't ask. Yes, I'll be fine. No, don't send Harvey. Yes, I have 2 Immunity Bands! sigh... Yes, I'll take a snack..."

Mothers-in-law, sheesh!

Elenna101

Farmer
I think it's the stinkiest of all teases in the game as the idea of places to the North were in the game for quite a while with space and paths up there, as well as mods which allow access to previously blocked-off areas leading northward. And now in v1.5 to see it actually exist very early in-game yet not being able to actually access it until in the very latest of gametimes is... mildly annoying.

Mostly because I assume now I actually need to get to floor 100 of Skull Cavern. Bleah.

"Hello Robin, yeah, I need 9801 stone. No, don't ask. Yes, I'll be fine. No, don't send Harvey. Yes, I have 2 Immunity Bands! sigh... Yes, I'll take a snack..."

Mothers-in-law, sheesh!
I don't think you need to go to floor 100, actually! Although you do have to go into Skull Caverns, because you need all the monster hunter stuff from the guild.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I don't think you need to go to floor 100, actually! Although you do have to go into Skull Caverns, because you need all the monster hunter stuff from the guild.
Uhhhhhmmmmm........

So. Anyone need 9801 stone?

Maybe I'll check if Maru wants 980 Stone Braziers as a gift for the Feast of the Winter Star. Or I could make some Tree Fertilizer to repopulate The Amazon.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Uhhhhhmmmmm........

So. Anyone need 9801 stone?

Maybe I'll check if Maru wants 980 Stone Braziers as a gift for the Feast of the Winter Star. Or I could make some Tree Fertilizer to repopulate The Amazon.
Just repave all of Pelican Town's streets. Or better yet, pave all of Pelican Town and the desert and (the beach while we're at it, maybe even the forest) with some extremely ugly concrete floor tiles. *hums Joni Mitchell*

Lew Zealand

Helper
Everyone knows Robin imports that stuff from other towns that have been strip mined. She's too busy with her woodworking to go into the mines/quarry, right?
Actually I do have a Jade Crystalarium (thanks to suggestions from here) but haven't traded in my accumulated Jade for staircases yet, but that's the long term goal, of course.

And you know Robin when it comes to Stone... she doesn't like the stuff but it's such a demand item that she hates herself for needing to sell it to make sure the shop stays out of debt. Therefore as the mother-in-law, it's my job-- nay, my duty to annoy her in the most unavoidable ways possible. And if that means keeping demand for her disliked items at a high level even after she raises the cost of resources and doesn't provide a family discount, well I'm just going to have to abide by the intrinsic laws of Nature.

And I'm such a butterfingers, dropping Bug Steaks and Holly in the woodpile when passing by. I really should be more careful.