Fruit Bat Cave vs Mushroom Cave

Fruit bat cave or mushroom cave?

• Total voters
I’m very indecisive and love both so I wanted to get y’all’s opinions! Let’s start a debate! >:)

Pls keep it civil and respectful tho!

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I like the fruit bat cave better from several standpoints, including game feel and that fruit individually is a better price point per item deal. But from a pure mechanical side the mushroom cave gives a steady and predictable supply, including some rare and otherwise annoying to acquire types of shrooms. I am basically never out of morels in the game where I chose the mushroom cave.

Elenna101

Farmer
I like the fruit cave because I'm too lazy to check the cave every day, which pretty much removes the main selling points of the mushroom cave.
I will say though that if you get the fruit cave, you should probably save a few morels since there's no other way to get them outside spring. The cave on the island gives chanterelles and red and purple mushrooms, but not morels. Guess which mushroom I was missing exactly one of on my first attempt at perfection...

I’d go fruit cave, since you can finish the bundles in the Community Center way faster, if you have access to the many types of fruit that you can find in the cave.
But that’s just my preference. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Seeing the votes and replies and thinking about it some more led me to pick the fruit bat cave! Thank you to everyone who voted and/or replied and feel free to continue talking about which you prefer!! :heart:

Jayamos

Farmer
I’ve done both and the fruit bat cave does get the CC bundles done quicker. But I like the steadiness of the mushroom cave, the good early-ish food supply for mining, and I love orchards. So, shrooms, which I also love.

imnvs

Local Legend
Morels are difficult to find, but not absolutely necessary for the Community Center, thus the fruit bat cave is better for getting the CC done. Morels are still hard to come by... so both have their selling points and it comes down to preference and/or strategy.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly, both have their upsides and there is also what I feel is a lot of debate on a small subject, which people on the internet seem to thrive on.
I personally fit the word to the action, action to the word so to speak, depending on the run, challenge, playstyle, goal, "intensity", and other criteria my end choice will change.
When I used to only do CC runs (mostly badly), I would always do bats as I never tried to rush SC or really tryhard.
Nowadays I prefer the mushrooms as I can easlily afford a couple of trees by the end of summer, especially when rolling out starfruit wine in the middle and end of month sales.
To be honest with you all, I use the cave for the first couple seasons then disregard it, I like to plant trees inside the mount of the cave as it looks cool and quite funny, most everything is just for fun.
From a decorating side and if you are going more chill, I would 100% go for fruit bat, the boxes are harder to work around and impossible to get rid of if the kind of sad amount of space is meaningful in a challenge or cozy building thing (idk, I don't decorate) then it would perhaps be a slight advantage as it's pretty much the only smaller space you can decorate unhindered that has the same shape/vibe, besides maybe the mines entrance which is already pretty large.
That's mostly all I have to say, it depends, I'm not usually one to integrate myself into a descision that is decided by whoever and impose my choice in a game so free and open as SDV is, not really my place to do so, one of my favorite things of stardew is doing your own thing, no limits besides the ones you impose yourself and I like to keep all that way.
Thanks for reading this slight ranting post about something as opposed to it in idea as can be...
Have a good day guys and do whatever you wish

Honestly, both have their upsides and there is also what I feel is a lot of debate on a small subject, which people on the internet seem to thrive on.
I personally fit the word to the action, action to the word so to speak, depending on the run, challenge, playstyle, goal, "intensity", and other criteria my end choice will change.
When I used to only do CC runs (mostly badly), I would always do bats as I never tried to rush SC or really tryhard.
Nowadays I prefer the mushrooms as I can easlily afford a couple of trees by the end of summer, especially when rolling out starfruit wine in the middle and end of month sales.
To be honest with you all, I use the cave for the first couple seasons then disregard it, I like to plant trees inside the mount of the cave as it looks cool and quite funny, most everything is just for fun.
From a decorating side and if you are going more chill, I would 100% go for fruit bat, the boxes are harder to work around and impossible to get rid of if the kind of sad amount of space is meaningful in a challenge or cozy building thing (idk, I don't decorate) then it would perhaps be a slight advantage as it's pretty much the only smaller space you can decorate unhindered that has the same shape/vibe, besides maybe the mines entrance which is already pretty large.
That's mostly all I have to say, it depends, I'm not usually one to integrate myself into a descision that is decided by whoever and impose my choice in a game so free and open as SDV is, not really my place to do so, one of my favorite things of stardew is doing your own thing, no limits besides the ones you impose yourself and I like to keep all that way.
Thanks for reading this slight ranting post about something as opposed to it in idea as can be...
Have a good day guys and do whatever you wish
I appreciate this reply a lot! Also I agree that it’s very dependent on the person and is pretty insignificant in the long run. I usually have trouble deciding on things even if I’m leaning more towards one than the other out of fear that I’ll regret it. I should probably work on that instead of asking random people online tho… One more thing, rants can often be insightful as they give a more in-depth answer and I always welcome them! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hill Myna

Farmer
I prefer Mushrooms because I know what I'm getting. I don't like the randomness of the fruit bats, and I've tried both.

And if you're diligent in collecting the 'shrooms (not typically me!), you can stockpile a whole bunch of Brown Mushrooms for Fall Skull Cavern runs; they're an excellent "easily" stackable food source.

Plus, all the tree fruits have a reliable way of getting them: Fruit Trees. Other than the Mushroom Cave, Morels don't have one. Big plus!

If you're speedrunning all bundles, pick fruit bats for a faster Artisan bundle.

If you're not, pick mushrooms, because the bats are otherwise completely useless. You can either sell the daily mushrooms for an average of about 400g per day, or you can have a constant steady supply of cheap energy from the average of 4 common mushrooms that you will get every day.

The bats don't bring enough fruit for it to be worth it during the early game, and by mid and late game neither options are worth visiting the cave for anyway. At least the mushrooms offer some benefit early on

I like the fruit best. In addition to what others have said, the cave mushrooms never have quality stars. The fruit can have have silver or gold, and if you choose botanist at level 10 foraging, are always iridium.