Xbox Freeze at Startup(Solved for Me)

That1coolGinger

Greenhorn
I play on Xbox one. Have been playing for a little over 40 hours and the game crashes at the title screen. My other games are working fine. I get pass the concerned ape screens where it says “Press A to start” when I press A the screen freezes and the audio continues for a few seconds before fading out. If I watch the “Press A to start” screen the game just waits for me no freezing/crashes until the moment I press “A”
Allowing the music to play out then pressing “A” the game loaded. Not sure how consistent this will work.

I have restarted my console, uninstalled, and reinstalled the game, tried opening Stardew on a different account on the same console, shut down and unplugged my console for a while the tried again.

Last edited:

BBeri226

Greenhorn
Same here and just started today? I've Uninstalled, turn box off, unplugged, reinstalled and still happening. Never happened before and very frustrating. All my other games work fine...but I just started to really get into this one after finally getting my movie theater open! Sure wish there was an answer to this problem for us.

BBeri226

Greenhorn
Well, I have had limited success the whole uninstall/reinstall/clear cache thing. Sometimes it works, buy having to spend so much time and effort just to load the game has proved to frustrating and for a game I play to relax and enjoy it had become the opposite. Sadly, I am breaking up with Stardew and moving on...I hope you all have better luck than I did.

That1coolGinger

Greenhorn
Hopefully there’s just a bug from a recent update? Hopefully it’s fixed soon. We played for a couple weeks no issues before this started and we start application/wait for music to stop playing/wait about 3-5 minutes/start game/freezes/repeat. Consistently works the 3rd time and if we close and reopen the application it works without having to wait for the music to stop.

That1coolGinger

Greenhorn
I play on Xbox one. Have been playing for a little over 40 hours and the game crashes at the title screen. My other games are working fine. I get pass the concerned ape screens where it says “Press A to start” when I press A the screen freezes and the audio continues for a few seconds before fading out. If I watch the “Press A to start” screen the game just waits for me no freezing/crashes until the moment I press “A”
Allowing the music to play out then pressing “A” the game loaded. Not sure how consistent this will work.

I have restarted my console, uninstalled, and reinstalled the game, tried opening Stardew on a different account on the same console, shut down and unplugged my console for a while the tried again.
I cleared my console’s local saved data and the issue hasn’t recurred. I recommend backing up any saved data you would like to keep before trying the same! Also doing so didn’t remove any of my Stardew saves.