Fountain fishing

Catara

Tiller
What am I doing wrong? I’m using an iPad Mini, my “Efficient” fiberglass rod, at level 10 fishing, and using Seafoam Pudding with +4 fishing, yet I can’t even cast into the fountain near the playground. Why?

Ereo

Helper
You definitely don’t need to eat fishing food or a special rod to cast into the fountain.

With mobile, when you can’t do something you should be able to do, it’s most often solvable by trying at different zoom levels.

Catara

Tiller
You definitely don’t need to eat fishing food or a special rod to cast into the fountain.

With mobile, when you can’t do something you should be able to do, it’s most often solvable by trying at different zoom levels.
I’ll give that a try, thanks.

bakedbeans

Newcomer
Hi! I was having trouble too, but just now figured it out. If you still havent solved it, go to the controls section in the game menu/pause screen. Then, tap on the long bar that lets you pick how you want to move around/attack, like “tap to move, auto attack” or “invis. joystick, buttons for weapons” and tap the very last one that is just “joystick and buttons.” After that just use the left button and you can fish!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can just use a slight cast, you barely need to move the bobber anywhere to get it into the pond. There isn’t really a reason to fish there anyway, you can get trash can decor but it’s the same decor you get from the furniture catalogue.

It seems like there might be a few reasons why you're having trouble casting your line into the fountain near the playground in the game.

First, ensure you are standing in the right spot near the fountain. Sometimes, the game requires you to be in a specific location to cast successfully.

Second, check if your inventory is full. If it is, you won't be able to catch anything, so make some space by selling or storing items.

Lastly, double-check that you have equipped the Seafoam Pudding properly. Sometimes, items must be equipped in a specific slot for their effects to work. If you've tried all these steps and still can't cast, there might be a bug in the game, and you could consider reaching out to the game's support for help.