Forgot to introduce myself!

BlaDe

Farmer
Hi!

I have been here for a while, but forgot to introduce myself!

I am BlaDe. I probably play the game differently to you.

I am a programmer, and use my coding knowledge to dig into the game code. I enjoy solving problems, and will jump into the code to find where issues are located so if (when) the devs get around to fixing them, they have a leg up on the problem. They probably don't need it, but i like to do it anyway.

If you have an indepth question about game mechanics, I am happy to look into it and answer where I can.

I update the wiki when appropriate with this kind of information.

I like to push the game as far as I can on an unmodded client. I explore the code to see how RNG works and use this to my advantage. I built a predictor to show these things: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6614

I prefer not to use item injection (naming yourself after item ids to spawn them in).

Examples of challenges I have done:
Complete the Community Center on Summer 2 Year 1.
Complete the Missing Bundle on Summer 4 Year 1.
Get the Rusty Key (sewer access) on Spring 6 Year 1.
Manip CaliciJack to get ridiculous amounts of Qi Coins and convert them into g by selling farm warp totems.

I also do speedruns, completing goals as fast as I can real time. I am hoping to do a run at GDQ. I commented the 2p marriage run at the GDQ hotfix.
I tend to do seeded speenruns, using RNG to my advantage.

My twitch is linked in my signature. I am part of a twitch team (The Dew Crew) made of others who also like to push the game to its limit.

I like to think I am friendly, and hope I come across as such!

Will see you around the forums!

Odin

Staff member
Hey BlaDe! Feels a bit late to say welcome, but thanks for giving an introduction!

Hi!

I have been here for a while, but forgot to introduce myself!

I am BlaDe. I probably play the game differently to you.

I am a programmer, and use my coding knowledge to dig into the game code. I enjoy solving problems, and will jump into the code to find where issues are located so if (when) the devs get around to fixing them, they have a leg up on the problem. They probably don't need it, but i like to do it anyway.

If you have an indepth question about game mechanics, I am happy to look into it and answer where I can.

I update the wiki when appropriate with this kind of information.

I like to push the game as far as I can on an unmodded client. I explore the code to see how RNG works and use this to my advantage. I built a predictor to show these things: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6614

I like to think I am friendly, and hope I come across as such!

Will see you around the forums!

I did the same, forgot to introduce myself because I was excited to dive in and learn/absorb. Very cool how you find your own stimulating way to dive in, and thanks for sharing the link! I always enjoy seeing what different game community members bring to their gameplay and participation, that's much of the fun for me. 🙂 Welcome, nice to "meet" you BlaDe.