Follow or not follow ? (Notifications and following)

Maugatta

Tiller
What's the sense of follow someone ?
Normally, it's beacouse you want to receive notifications about what he posts, during the day, or only beacouse you like what he says, and you want to give him a "smile" by following him.
Maybe, I'm wrong at the things I'm going to suggest, are already existing, only that I didn't activate something on the options, or something like this.
In that case I would be very pleased if someone could explain me how to do.
But if instead, this actually doesn't exist, well, you should continue reading.
I would really like, that when you click the follow botton, you could, since that moment, receive the "notifications" of the posts or threads the following person wrote.
Only to be (for example), then informated about all the updates that had a thread, that really interested you.
I know that you can easily,
go to the main forum page,
click on a "place"
and search for the thread you are intersted, and check if it was updated.
But from my side, I think it would be more easy and intuitive, without saying that would give more sense to follow someone.

imnvs

Local Legend
At the top of the page there is the "What's new" menu. Don't click on the words, but open the menu with the little 🔽 and then click on "Your news feed" and it will show you the activity of everyone you are following. Alternately, you could just bookmark this link which is where that will bring you. That's the bookmark I use when loading up the forum at each visit.

ISSsloth

Farmer
At the top of the page there is the "What's new" menu. Don't click on the words, but open the menu with the little 🔽 and then click on "Your news feed" and it will show you the activity of everyone you are following. Alternately, you could just bookmark this link which is where that will bring you. That's the bookmark I use when loading up the forum at each visit.
I've used nothing but the what's new page to navigate this forum for months now.