'Flower Freeze'

VampireCake

Rancher
A recipe-learned (maybe Frozen Tear based?), craftable spray that freezes anything in a garden pot at whatever stage of growth it is, allowing the flower & pot to be picked up and moved like a regular static houseplant. Cannot be harvested (either by player or Junimos) or eaten by crows, has no effect on beehives. A purely cosmetic item.

(I keep accidentally picking the Fairy Roses I'm using as interior decor. I think anyone who's unintentionally clicked on a sign and changed the picture knows this frustration. Gah.)

imnvs

Local Legend
I like the idea.

Let me suggest, in the meantime, finding a place in your house that you can see them that you are also unlikely to walk past while doing any clicking. (I say this as someone who does indeed keep plants in garden pots in his house as decoration.)

MissDandy

Farmer
How my day goes:

6:00 AM: Wake up
6:20 AM: Talk to husband
6:30 AM: Accidentally pick the tulips I have planted at my front door
6:30 AM: Violently curse
6:40 AM: "Exit to Menu"

This happens all to often for me, I restart the day if it's early enough because I am too busy to occupy myself with re-planting. This would be great!

Lew Zealand

Helper
There are a number of potted Flower decorations you can buy from different sources but of course you are limited to the styles and colors already extant in the game, and of course many also change with the Seasons so don't have a static style if you're looking for that.

And I have to appreciate @MissDandy 's proactivity as my accidental harvesting opportunities happen only when finally reaching my Farming patch on the Beach Map after traversing the grotto of expectant Farm machines, unpetted Dinosaurs, and overly fecund Lava Eels. All that managed, my opportunity to Harvest that one Poppy enveloped in a warm hug of Bee Houses is rarely missed.

Resulting in cartoon villain cursing, a general round of foot stomping, and an Exit to Desktop to see what's up in the Forums.

Hi!

MissDandy

Farmer
All that managed, my opportunity to Harvest that one Poppy enveloped in a warm hug of Bee Houses is rarely missed.
And of course, logic would lend that even though the honey is already made, picking that one flower in the midst of the hives would indeed change the recipe those bees used to make the honey after it was already said and done.

LeiraHoward

Farmhand
I solved the honey problem by planting a 3x3 grid of flowers (and a sprinkler) between my beehives. If When I accidentally pick a flower, there are still another 7 chances left.

Last edited:

VampireCake

Rancher
Let me suggest, in the meantime, finding a place in your house that you can see them that you are also unlikely to walk past while doing any clicking. (I say this as someone who does indeed keep plants in garden pots in his house as decoration.)
I try to, but I also like to use them to separate chests in my storage sheds, along with butterfly hutches - it gives it a kind of whimsical vibe. :smile:

There are a number of potted Flower decorations you can buy from different sources but of course you are limited to the styles and colors already extant in the game, and of course many also change with the Seasons so don't have a static style if you're looking for that.
I may have rather a lot of the seasonal ones, the winter snowmen are just too cute. :laugh: I've even got a bunch of the big trees from the crane game.