1.6 Update Flower Dance

Has dialogue for eligible bachelor(ette)s that accept the Farmer's invitation to dance with them been changed in version 1.6+?

In version 1.5.6, I had noticed that each NPC that could be asked to dance had their own unique rejection dialog (e.g. Maru saying "Flattered... but no" while Haley would say "Ewwww!"). However, if the NPC that was asked to dance accepted the invitation, then regardless of who it is (unless they are married to you), they would all say the exact same things:

1. "You want to dance with me?"
2. "Sure, I'd love to!" [sic] (I'm sure it was the same for every unique bachelor(ette) that isn't married to the Farmer.)

In my newest current 1.6.8 playthrough, I had decided to ask everyone I could whom I did NOT have 4 hearts with and the rejection dialogs seemed no different than in 1.5.6. However, then I asked Leah and she said "So you want to dance with me? Yes!" with only one dialog screen.

So I wonder if each different NPC has different dance acceptance dialogs now or if the response that Leah had given me become the new standard dance acceptance dialog for everyone?

HaleyRocks

Planter
Has dialogue for eligible bachelor(ette)s that accept the Farmer's invitation to dance with them been changed in version 1.6+?

In version 1.5.6, I had noticed that each NPC that could be asked to dance had their own unique rejection dialog (e.g. Maru saying "Flattered... but no" while Haley would say "Ewwww!"). However, if the NPC that was asked to dance accepted the invitation, then regardless of who it is (unless they are married to you), they would all say the exact same things:

2. "Sure, I'd love to!" [sic] (I'm sure it was the same for every unique bachelor(ette) that isn't married to the Farmer.)

In my newest current 1.6.8 playthrough, I had decided to ask everyone I could whom I did NOT have 4 hearts with and the rejection dialogs seemed no different than in 1.5.6. However, then I asked Leah and she said "So you want to dance with me? Yes!" with only one dialog screen.

So I wonder if each different NPC has different dance acceptance dialogs now or if the response that Leah had given me become the new standard dance acceptance dialog for everyone?
There were various dialogue alterations, additions and whatnot. Some minipatch or the main 1.6 one, did that; it's in the notes. Refer to this one:

KeySmasher

Farmhand
Yes, see patch notes:
"Added many new NPC dialogues. That includes... " "custom flower dance acceptance dialogue"

I quite like the changes, it's some motivation to go to (and properly attend) the flower dance for the first time in a long while
I second that! Now if there were only a way to see multiple NPCs' dance acceptance reactions without having to start the day over again once I get to Spring 24 Year 2...

Also you have to reach 4 friendship hearts with a single before anyone will accept.
Although, I think just asking them adds some point: I was at 3 hearts when I asked Haley just to see, and she accepted. Afterwards I looked and saw we were at 4. I don't know how close I was to 4 hearts before I asked, but I know I wasn't quite there.

Although, I think just asking them adds some point: I was at 3 hearts when I asked Haley just to see, and she accepted. Afterwards I looked and saw we were at 4. I don't know how close I was to 4 hearts before I asked, but I know I wasn't quite there.
Talking to anyone at the Dance even without asking them to dance with you will add 20 Friendship Points with them. The same thing had happened to me with Harvey in my previous save where that 20 points that I got just for talking to him was enough to get me over that 4-heart threshold to where he said Yes. I remember that because I ended up restarting my day as Harvey was not the one I had wanted to dance with.

Ereo

Helper
It would be fun if you could ask more than one person to dance and then there could be a cut scene before the dance where they figure it out and get mad at you. Then they could either all decide to go with another partner or the one with the highest hearts would still dance with you (maybe only above a certain heart level?).

thatsmetttt

Farmhand

i also realized the other npcs got slightly different dialogues. marnie said she thought lewis was going to invite her for a dance

Bawby

Planter
i also realized the other npcs got slightly different dialogues. marnie said she thought lewis was going to invite her for a dance
I got that dialogue, too. Caroline also said she wanted to make Pierre dance and Abigail said the old folks should dance that year. I was hoping they would, but they didn't. :bored:
It would be quite interesting indeed if Marlon asks Marnie. After all, he thinks she "...looks lovely...".

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
I got that dialogue, too. Caroline also said she wanted to make Pierre dance and Abigail said the old folks should dance that year. I was hoping they would, but they didn't. :bored:
It would be quite interesting indeed if Marlon asks Marnie. After all, he thinks she "...looks lovely...".
marnie even changed positions a bit... she was by lewis' side!! really wish we could see them dance one day :(

Antsy

Tiller
Same here! I've started attending all the events I usually stop attending after the first year. Go to Spirits Eve if you haven't done so in a while.
Me too! And now there's more incentive to be there in subsequent years, since you can win tickets instead of the usual 1000 gold or other trinket that's not worth taking a day off work for.