Issue (Fixed) [game] FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Jane5962

Greenhorn
So recently i reset everything on my computer. I had saved up all my files from stradew valley, the ones from steam and the one that's in the the Roaming file in appdata. When i tried to put everything back in the right file, my save was not showing up in Load and i had a error showing off on Smapi.

[game] Exception occured trying to access file 'C:\Users\jeann\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\Aquarelle_314897645\SaveGameInfo'
[game] FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read111_LostItemQuest(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read113_Quest(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read118_Farmer(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read119_Farmer()

I'm not at all a pro at that, i have no idea how to fix it.. at first i thought maybe it was a save issue. i tried to remove the most recent files of my farm and the savegameinfo and remove the _old to the other files.. but still the same exact error .. And after thinking it could be related to my mods i tried updating them via CurseForge , my game was absolutely not Loading so i undo everything .. I'm sure it might be related to one of my mods but since even my save don't show up when i start the game on steam whitout mods i'm just very lost....
.. I hope someone can help me.. Just wanted to play again on my save after a long time ... Thanks in advance !

Smapi Log: https://smapi.io/log/756f8ffb5d8b470b88c2db11375878b3
Platform:
Windows
Game version: 1.5.6 ( Build 22018)

Last edited:

DreamWolf

Farmhand
It looks like your SaveGameInfo has become corrupted and now has some formatting problems.
What exactly do you mean by 'the ones from Steam'?

Jane5962

Greenhorn
The entire file for the game with Stardew valley including my mods. Since i had it saved up before the reset of my computer

Jane5962

Greenhorn
After trying what i did with removing the _old at the end of my files , since it was not working, i put back the backup so everything is how i started at first , since i didn't know if that would corrupted everything.

DreamWolf

Farmhand
None of the Stardew Steam files are needed for your save file. You could try a file verification, but if you want to reset your PC, all you need to keep are the files located in AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves.

Jane5962

Greenhorn
With what you told me, i end up saving just the files with my mods and delete the entire game from steam and reinstall it after. I put back my mods and after updating them to fix the incompatibility of some of them, my save was finally there and i was able to play without any error on smapi. Thanks for guiding me through the right path !