PC [Fixed] Controller doesn't rumble on Windows (Steam) after 1.5.5(hotfix)

PapaVader

Farmhand
Ha, I didn’t realize a hot fix had come out yesterday but I experienced my controller not rumbling and I had a heck of a time trying to figure out why. Now I know. Good grief, the game doesn’t really perform better with the hot fix and it has now added new problems. That’s a bummer.

Last edited:

ceremus

Farmhand
I'm seeing this issue as well. Tested with both an Xbox One controller and an 8bitdo SN30 Pro. Game seems to control fine using either controller, but the rumble that used to come with the horse riding and fishing is completely absent. Confirmed that controller vibration works outside of Stardew and can be initiated by Steam in the settings / Big Picture mode. Tested both in wireless bluetooth and directly connected via USB.
Vanilla game, no mods, Windows 10 21H1, v1.5.5. Update was installed today, Steam does not indicate any further patches are available.

ceremus

Farmhand
Update, vibration is working again after Steam downloaded another small update file following the last hotfix. I can't find release notes for the update, but it could be that it addressed other controller issues as well. This is the build ID Steam shows for the game following the update, if it's useful.
sdver.PNG