Riverland Farm Fishing only (?) farm

Pangaearocks

Planter
This is from Mahakam Farm, where Zoltan is mucking about. He's doing no farming, nor raising any animals, which unfortunately means completing the Community Centre or reaching the Fern islands is impossible. I've just reached Spring 1, Year 2. A good amount of fish ponds already, and the plan is to build 20+ of them. Since there will be no crops here, there is plenty of room as it is. Idea was to use fruit trees as well, so maybe that will get implemented. Money is kinda tight at the moment, have less than 5000g, because I blew all I had on over 7000 stone from Robin and 975 coal from Clint.

Sadly can't guarantee to keep playing this save, as I've gotten a bit jaded with SDV due to playing it a LOT over the last couple of months. But there aren't that many Riverland farms here (at least using the filter), so figured I'd put it up 🙂

Zoltan_8-6-2022_60990727.png

This is the winter shot from a day before, where Robin was busy doing her thing
Zoltan_8-6-2022_59092829.png

There was a meteor right of the ravaged greenhouse (which can never be completed either), but I broke it open to make room for another fish pond.

Most bundles are actually completed and I hope to be able to finish the Friendship one too. Will need a red cabbage though, as the two seeds I got from enemy drops aren't useable. For some reason there is a tree growing on the pier, which is kinda impressive. Maybe it felt extra strong brotherly love there?

Pangaearocks

Planter
There has been some progress, and this is what it looks like in early summer, year 2.

Zoltan_8-9-2022_8237755.png

Many fruit trees have been planted, and I'm struggling with some of the quests for fish due to the no-farming thing. Don't have access to green tea or pickles for example, so those ponds can't be filled. Basalt was the last mineral I found, and several lava eel ponds want it. But I have that piece in a crystalarium, so it should be fine in a few weeks.

The shed closest to the shipping bin is brand new and currently empty, but I am thinking about moving the jade crystalariums there, as the shed left of the house is kinda full now as most machines are in there, including 15 furnaces.

Have cracked 1 million in earnings, so the economy isn't terrible, but it's slow going too. Farming -> Wine is such a colossal money-maker compared with anything else, and easy to scale up. Building crystalariums for diamonds is a much slower process, getting enough gold is the issue, and I'm running a bit low on batteries too. But I do have almost 30 crystalariums for jade, and another 40-45 for diamonds, so it's half-decent. Can't really afford to buy mountains of gold from Clint at 750g a piece, so lately I've been hunting for gold in Skull Cavern.

Once the fruit trees mature there will be some extra money there, but they're mostly for aesthetics.

Pangaearocks

Planter
A little more progress, into Fall.

Zoltan_8-12-2022_65245742.png

Sold my soul to Joja to be able to enjoy the late game content, like Ginger Island. Made me feel awful to set foot inside that haunted warehouse, and seeing the cutscene and some villager interactions, but it was either that or not getting anywhere else. So yeah.... 😰
Sadly the Friendship bundle went out the window, only needed the wheat to complete the whole thing, but that would be impossible, unless I wait for 10+ years or something silly like that (for the pig lady).

Undecided what to do with the two southernmost islands, but tempting to let the mushrooms grow wild since one popped up during a thunderstorm. Otherwise I can always place more fish ponds. Would be nice with some stingrays. Most ponds are lava eels and ice pips, because I can actually complete those. The others can't be increased further because they require green tea, pickles, mayo, which I can't produce. Lava eel roe sell for decent amounts pure, and can give both gold and spicy eels, which I need. Probably the best fish for the ponds tbh.

Greenhouse is empty as it was bought from evil Joja a few days ago. May fill it will fruit trees. Probably the best use for it, unless I start putting crystalariums in there too, but that feels dirty. Besides, getting enough gold is a huge stumbling block.

Edit: Oh dear. Really...? 🤨
Unfortunately fruit trees is a bad fit in there, across the whole thing, because the greenhouse isn't wide enough. Wastes some tiles. Crystalariums seems like a good fit actually, unless I made mistakes in the planner. Need to discuss this with my wounded soul.

Greenhouse diamonds.png

Last edited:

Pangaearocks

Planter
Summer 1 so I had to quickly run around and remove some crap first. Was going to move the Greenhouse closer, but not gotten to it yet.

Zoltan_8-20-2022_40002741.png