Android Fishing Not Catchable.

nelson540

Greenhorn
I am playing on an Android tablet (v1.5.6 b52) and got to level 10 for everything else,
but can't catch a fish to save my life.

Any fish.

When the alarm goes off I tap quickly and the line is pulled up.

The minigame opens once in every 20 or 30 tries.

Every so often a bit of junk comes up, but never a fish.

Multiple Trout Soups make little difference.

I am stuck in the game and just about to give up.
Not sure if this a bug in the game or the player,
but leaning towards the former.

Any suggestions?

Ereo

Helper
many players struggle with fishing.

Do you have the training rod? That will help with the mini game. Building fish ponds can get you fishing xp without ever having to fish. Crab pots also give you xp once you unlock them, and you can get some from the community center by completing the crab pot bundle (which can be done with beach forage and mining).

If the mini game only opens once every 20 times, it sounds like your reaction time is too slow. For me, I can react faster when I switch the sound on than just the exclamation mark.

you can complete most parts of the game without fishing if you find it frustrating. You can find the fish for the community center in trash cans, the travelling cart and the sewer shop, or you can switch to Joja.

nelson540

Greenhorn
Thanks for the pointers! I was using the training rod but did not think of ch3ck8ng the garbage bins. Working...

nelson540

Greenhorn
Thanks for the pointers! I was using the training rod but did not think of ch3ck8ng the garbage bins. Working...
Thanks for the pointers! I was using the training rod but did not think of ch3ck8ng the garbage bins. Working... [/QUOTE

Sage advice and much appreciated. Some progress made, though the bins did not offer anything beyond villagers disdain.