Windows Fishing isn't working right

Greetings! Finally getting around to firing the game back up and digging into 1.6, but fishing is not working as expected. On a Windows 10 PC with Steam as the install platform, have already verified file integrity.

Basically the issue is that if I use the Left Mouse Button (LMB) to "cast" the fishing line, when the indicator comes up for the fish on the hook pressing the LMB again does *nothing*, and I cannot catch anything. Subsequent presses will pull it back in, and the LMB works in all other contexts. Including if I ignore the indicator and press it subsequently to reel back in, I don't need to press twice or anything. Assuming I cast with LMB, I can successfully get a "hit" and engage the minigame as normal if I use C specifically to do so.

If I cast with C, however, pressing C will not work to engage the minigame. And, it appears during initial testing, if I cast with C I *can* use LMB to pull back in, so it appears to be an issue specifically with using the same input source to cast and "catch". As a note though even if I use the other input source (C or LMB depending on which was used to cast), it's not as "crisp" as I'm used to, and there are times where it still fails to acknowledge the input.

Overall it's super weird, and a bit frustrating since it's very hard to break years of habits when it comes to how to engage with the fishing minigame, so I forget to do it "right" (the way that works) very often and lose a lot of fish. And even if I do it "correctly" I still lose a few, which isn't great for the early game before you have bait. Any and all suggestions or recommendations are very much appreciated.

Edit:
Error Description: Above.
Error Text: None, there's literally no response to the input.
In Game Language: English
Single vs Multiplayer: Single Player
Input: Keyboard and Mouse
Version: 1.6.8 build 24119, issue not present in 1.5
Other relevant Data: First noticed the issue on a new Meadowlands farm in 1.6, but loading prior saves where no such issue was present (at all stages, from 1st year to post-perfection) the same issue exists across all of them. Also noteworthy several achievements both in Steam and in games were reset and no longer credited with 1.6, might be expected but mentioning it in case it's not. Even ones like reaching the bottom of the cave or having an infinity weapon I needed to quickly go to the relevant spot and re-trigger them to regain credit.

No error logs present, attaching save.

Attachments

Last edited: