Fish Should Have Their Quality Displayed on the Summary Screen

fyn

Tiller
Hey, here with another QoL suggestion.

Once a fish is caught, to see the quality of the fish, you either have to open your inventory, and check it yourself (unless it's in your hotbar), or have the quality of the fish, based off of its weight memorized.

To fix this, I suggest that the quality of the fish should be displayed on the summary screen, alongside its weight.
(Made a little concept using Microsoft Paint)
Stardew Valley fish quality concept.png

As this sunfish is of gold quality, the gold star will be displayed inside the text bubble, meaning that players don't have to check their inventory to know what quality the fish they've caught is. This would be useful, especially for quests, where someone may want to give a villager a high-quality fish, to gain extra friendship with them.

Once again, thanks for considering my suggestion.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, first, I like the idea. It could even display the star inside the box with the fish, just like it displays in your inventory.

However, when fishing for a quest or the like, what I try to do is have a nearly empty row in my inventory with just my fishing rod in spot 1. I then start fishing. When I get stuff relevant to the quest, I keep it in the same row so it displays on my screen the whole time (except during the mini-game obviously). Other stuff, occasionally I'll pause and move that stuff to another row so that it is not clogging up the display of relevant stuff I'm actually keeping an eye on.

I'm not saying this change wouldn't be appreciated. I'm just giving you the workaround I use with things as they are so that you aren't as frustrated, you know?

fyn

Tiller
Okay, first, I like the idea. It could even display the star inside the box with the fish, just like it displays in your inventory.

However, when fishing for a quest or the like, what I try to do is have a nearly empty row in my inventory with just my fishing rod in spot 1. I then start fishing. When I get stuff relevant to the quest, I keep it in the same row so it displays on my screen the whole time (except during the mini-game obviously). Other stuff, occasionally I'll pause and move that stuff to another row so that it is not clogging up the display of relevant stuff I'm actually keeping an eye on.

I'm not saying this change wouldn't be appreciated. I'm just giving you the workaround I use with things as they are so that you aren't as frustrated, you know?
That's true, there are ways to work around the system, but as you said, you have to pause to move stuff around the way it is currently.

Also, don't worry about it, it doesn't frustrate me, just thought that it would be a nice QoL change, without being too difficult to implement. :wink: