Fish catalog/guide (?)

elibo

Tiller
I thought it would be neat to have a fishing guide in game that gives you the conditions on how and where you can catch fishes.

I'm thinking maybe a catalog in Willy's shop that contains a list of different fish and their locations and/or season? Not sure how to avoid it being a spoiler tho. Maybe like in collections, fish will be grayed out/blank until caught and not full info is revealed until then?

What do you guys think! :)

I thought it would be neat to have a fishing guide in game that gives you the conditions on how and where you can catch fishes.

I'm thinking maybe a catalog in Willy's shop that contains a list of different fish and their locations and/or season? Not sure how to avoid it being a spoiler tho. Maybe like in collections, fish will be grayed out/blank until caught and not full info is revealed until then?

What do you guys think! :)
I need it!😰

elibo

Tiller
I really like this suggestion and it seems to be very popular! Someone in other thread suggested adding animation for the fish jumping out of water at certain times to indicate you can catch them which is my favorite take on this so far!
Oh, that would be cute! I saw the fish calendar suggestion too, I think some sort of Fish-dex will really be helpful not only for beginners but for when you get fish related quests later on too.

imnvs

Local Legend
when you get fish related quests later on too.
To be fair, you only get quests for stuff that is in season, whether fish or anything else. After that... well, I'll be honest, I check weather and time of day on the wiki. It would be nice to have something in game, and this isn't a bad take on it.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
This seems to be an extremely popular request! This is at LEAST the third thread I've seen in the past couple of months that suggests something like this!

Last edited: