Issue first time updating mods on my own, not sure what I did wrong.

cxiong2579

Greenhorn
Hi,

I've never been a big gamer, but my younger sister asked me to play this game with her and so I agreed. Its been a few years since then and she has moved to the other side of the U.S. and we lost contact after a falling out. I recently decided to launch the game again to start playing. at first it just said that the SMAPI needed to be updated to the newest version so I went to the "SMAPI.IO" site like it told me to do. after which it just kept telling me I needed to update all sorts of the different MODs in order for it to run. I kind of remembered that my sister us the Nexus website to get them so i was able to go and find them using the websites suggested by SMAPI. I downloaded them onto my desktop and after extracting them i moved them into the Mod folder.

Now when I launch the game and go into my saved file everything is all thrown out of place. The layout is all wrong, its like the configuration is off or something. I'm not sure what I did wrong?! its also being very slow and laggy now too!

The SMAPI didn't have anything left in red anymore so I figured I did it correctly..... am I missing something?

My PC is runs on windows 10 , I believe I am playing the Stardew Valley Expanded game.

here are the links to the SMAPI Log and a few screen shots.

any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Maple

Sodbuster
Are you playing on an old farm and updated the old mods which included removing some obsolete mods with no update for 1.6? If yes, it explains why things are thrown out of balance. You probably would want to start on a new farm. Those happens especially if you played on a modded map before and is no longer compatible today.