Standard Farm Fezco Farm Update!! (Year 3)

ashleyrocky

Farmhand
hello everyone!! I recently posted a thread asking for advice on how to improve my year 2 farm, because I felt that it really had no structure and was all over the place. Iv'e been grinding the game a lot, and am now In my third spring season! This is what my farm looks like after a few seasons in the game since my last post about fez farm!
ash_4-1-2022_2287459.png

I really like what I decided to do with the pathways, and I will eventually have the same stone and wood pattern along all the different squared off spaces. Currently building another barn, and plan on having another coop (still trying to get ostrich eggs though so might hold off on that till then). I'm keeping the mushroom trees! They've been spreading and I really like them, I just have to try and figure out how to accommodate them in the rest of my layout. Parts are still pretty messy, like the thin open space between my sap farm and my iridium sprinkler plots, or the odd placing of the 2x2 plots of farm land. I will probably move the lower 2x2 area to replace with another fishpond (stingray maybe?) and then the other 2x2 area to make room for another coop in the future.
Let me know what you gyuys think! I would love to hear reccomendations and feedback!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
(if you look really close at my jumino huts, you can see the little juminos coming out to harvest:junicheer::junicheer::junicheer:)

FairyRing

Farmer
hello everyone!! I recently posted a thread asking for advice on how to improve my year 2 farm, because I felt that it really had no structure and was all over the place. Iv'e been grinding the game a lot, and am now In my third spring season! This is what my farm looks like after a few seasons in the game since my last post about fez farm!
View attachment 9200
I really like what I decided to do with the pathways, and I will eventually have the same stone and wood pattern along all the different squared off spaces. Currently building another barn, and plan on having another coop (still trying to get ostrich eggs though so might hold off on that till then). I'm keeping the mushroom trees! They've been spreading and I really like them, I just have to try and figure out how to accommodate them in the rest of my layout. Parts are still pretty messy, like the thin open space between my sap farm and my iridium sprinkler plots, or the odd placing of the 2x2 plots of farm land. I will probably move the lower 2x2 area to replace with another fishpond (stingray maybe?) and then the other 2x2 area to make room for another coop in the future.
Let me know what you gyuys think! I would love to hear reccomendations and feedback!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
(if you look really close at my jumino huts, you can see the little juminos coming out to harvest:junicheer::junicheer::junicheer:)
I like it! If I were any good at layouts I'd give you advice but I'm not.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
View attachment 9200
Just a tip of advice, junimo huts can harvest crops in a 8 tile radius centered around the entrance so you only need one hut in the middle of all the crops on the left to harvest them all, even when all the iridium sprinklers are in place.
Do note though thatthe harvesting is centered on teh doorwayso you need to position the hut one tile back.
The rest is aesthetics and you are doing really well and as such need to advice, good luck for more to come, can't wait to see it.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Looking snazzy!

I would recommend trying out some new fences going forward. It must drive you nuts having to replace those fences all the time (every two seasons)! Hardwood fences last the longest (558 days!) and IMO look the best. Then it's Iron, (at 248 days), which has a very different vibe. Stone fences last for 118 days, and regular fences last for 54 days.

Later on once you've got loads more cash, you can buy the Golden Clock at the Wizard's Tower, which will (among other things) prevent fences from decaying. So, it won't matter which type of fence you use.

Also, have you tried the "Wood Floor"? I think it looks quite nice, maybe you'll like it to.

If you head to Robin, there is an option down the bottom called "Paint". It does just what you think it does, and it can add a lot more colour to an otherwise fairly brown Standard Farm. Note that you can only paint fully-upgraded buildings, and certain buildings can't be painted (such as Silos).

Speaking of Silos, maybe you want to build some more? If I'm correct in that you are constructing another Barn, it will be a lot more convenient with 3-4 Silos rather than 2.

And just to give Robin something else to do, you can move your Greenhouse if you want to! It looks like you've already incorporated it into your design, but my suggestion would be below the Slime Hutch. That is, if you can remember that it's not where it's been for the past two years! :D

Other than that, maybe you could add more greenery/plant life? Trees, Grass, Fiber Seeds, Seasonal Plants, Fruit Trees if you have the budget.

Finally, I would recommend posting any other updates to this farm in this thread rather than creating another thread. Then it will be easier for people to track your progress and easier to check what feedback has already been given!

P.S. (I promise this will be final) Since you have four candles, how are you liking your new statue?

ashleyrocky

Farmhand
Just a tip of advice, junimo huts can harvest crops in a 8 tile radius centered around the entrance so you only need one hut in the middle of all the crops on the left to harvest them all, even when all the iridium sprinklers are in place.
Do note though thatthe harvesting is centered on teh doorwayso you need to position the hut one tile back.
The rest is aesthetics and you are doing really well and as such need to advice, good luck for more to come, can't wait to see it.
Thank you, I didn't know this!! Once I decide on the final layouts of where all the farmland will go, I'll move one of the jumino huts!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

ashleyrocky

Farmhand
Looking snazzy!

I would recommend trying out some new fences going forward. It must drive you nuts having to replace those fences all the time (every two seasons)! Hardwood fences last the longest (558 days!) and IMO look the best. Then it's Iron, (at 248 days), which has a very different vibe. Stone fences last for 118 days, and regular fences last for 54 days.

Later on once you've got loads more cash, you can buy the Golden Clock at the Wizard's Tower, which will (among other things) prevent fences from decaying. So, it won't matter which type of fence you use.

Also, have you tried the "Wood Floor"? I think it looks quite nice, maybe you'll like it to.

If you head to Robin, there is an option down the bottom called "Paint". It does just what you think it does, and it can add a lot more colour to an otherwise fairly brown Standard Farm. Note that you can only paint fully-upgraded buildings, and certain buildings can't be painted (such as Silos).

Speaking of Silos, maybe you want to build some more? If I'm correct in that you are constructing another Barn, it will be a lot more convenient with 3-4 Silos rather than 2.

And just to give Robin something else to do, you can move your Greenhouse if you want to! It looks like you've already incorporated it into your design, but my suggestion would be below the Slime Hutch. That is, if you can remember that it's not where it's been for the past two years! :D

Other than that, maybe you could add more greenery/plant life? Trees, Grass, Fiber Seeds, Seasonal Plants, Fruit Trees if you have the budget.

Finally, I would recommend posting any other updates to this farm in this thread rather than creating another thread. Then it will be easier for people to track your progress and easier to check what feedback has already been given!

P.S. (I promise this will be final) Since you have four candles, how are you liking your new statue?
Oh my, the hardwood fences are probably one of the most irritating things I deal with. I feel like I replace them everyday and have to run back and forth from my house to where the fences are, and by the time I'm done with my chores, another one is broken. I'll definitely invest in the particular wizard item you mentioned for the future, cause I think I like the darker look of the normal rugged fences.
I also never got into the painting thing! I'll definitely try that out to see if it adds more life to my farm.
I do have some trouble keeping a good amount of hay though. I used to have more than enough, but now with all the different animals I have it's hard to keep up. Even with harvesting hay in all of my farmland, that hay is gone pretty fast. Even if I try placing grass starter in each of my fenced in areas, that grass is always gone within a day. I just need to find a better solution to producing hay!!
And thank you for reccomending to post updates in this thread! I'm still pretty new, so I didn't know if posting in this thread again would update it or send out notifications.
And yes, I very much so like my new pretty purple kitty statue:blush::blush:

Boo1972

Farmer
You mentioned holding off on buying a new coop until you found an ostrich egg. Ostriches actually live in the barns. But I like you farm so far. It’s a big difference from last time.Looking good!