Favourite fish for farming?

ArtifactSpot

I play on mobile (iOS) and I have no issue with fish ponds to change colour when having the right kind of fish. What fish are you trying to use? Note that you need to raise the amount of fishes in the pond to a certain number before the colour changes.
Thanks for this. I’ve had lava eels happy to max number still plain color. And Midnight carp, midnight squid and Super cucs, . None changed colors. Aren’t those supposed to change? I have the original iOS version not arcade.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Uh... don't need the Midnight Carp for this. :wink:
I've been making Seafoam Pudding for quite a while and it works as documented in the Wiki:

SeafaomPudding.PNG

Lew Zealand

Helper
Can you only catch all of the fish that you put in a pond or all ten of them? If the second option, you can get unlimited fish just from the ponds!
You can catch every Fish in the Ponds, not just the ones you threw in, and as you suspect that's the real advantage of the Ponds for Cooking purposes. I usually just Fish it down from 10 to 9 and wait for it to fill again to get another. It takes about 3 days or so? But yeah if you need like 3 Seafoam Puddings or Spicy Eels, then Fish 3 out of each Pond and wait for them to repopulate, about a week to 10 days?

You can catch every Fish in the Ponds, not just the ones you threw in, and as you suspect that's the real advantage of the Ponds for Cooking purposes. I usually just Fish it down from 10 to 9 and wait for it to fill again to get another. It takes about 3 days or so? But yeah if you need like 3 Seafoam Puddings or Spicy Eels, then Fish 3 out of each Pond and wait for them to repopulate, about a week to 10 days?
Endless supply! :evil: Think of all of the things you can do! Oh wait you can't do a bunch of bad stuff with fish.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Endless supply! :evil: Think of all of the things you can do! Oh wait you can't do a bunch of bad stuff with fish.
Yeah that's the shame of it, there's nothing particularly nefarious that can be done with Fish.

Just once I'd like to stick a Sturgeon in Demetrius' experiment.
Return Lewis' shorts with a Pufferfish inside.
Leave Haley a Rainbow Trout in a drawer in her vanity.
Give Elliott a Walleye so he can finally look directly at someone.
Lay a big fat Carp in Pierre's cash register.
Stick Marlon with a Pike.
Tell Sam to smoke a Stonefish with Seb.
Ask Leah to carve a Woodskip.
Make sure Sebastian gets enough Chub.
Drop about 35 Super Cucumbers in the Wizard's cauldron while pointing excitedly to the corner saying, "Look, it's a talking Junimo!"

Last edited:

Ilune

Planter
Sturgeon for caviar, but then I switch with craps for the pearl, and when I catch a lava Eel, I change them.
Sea cucumber to prepare the lucky meal and eel for spicy eel (very usefull for when I fast go down the skull cavern searching for treasures or hitting levels over 100 for prismatic shards).

nicodeux

Farmer
Thanks for this. I’ve had lava eels happy to max number still plain color. And Midnight carp, midnight squid and Super cucs, . None changed colors. Aren’t those supposed to change? I have the original iOS version not arcade.
Lava eels and super cucumbers are supposed to change colours. They did it on iOS on several farms I had. I'm surprised this did not happen for you.

Ereo

Helper
That’s weird, all my fish ponds have changed colour like they should (both on Android and iOS). Super cucumber is a really slight change imho, but lava eels and slime jack should be super obvious. Could you place a wooden sign on those ponds and share a screenshot?

Midnight squid don’t change colour, it’s lava eels (red), Slime Jack (green), midnight carp (dark purple) and super cucumber (light purple).

Benhimself

Rancher
Honestly I've grown to appreciate Stonefish as an early option? Like if you've got a Fish Farmer's Bundle and want that early Roe, Stonefish are fairly easy to get, pretty easy to upgrade, and provide both stone and diamonds when they get going as well as having the third most expensive roe in the game.