fashionably late to the party

tranquiltiller

Greenhorn
not sure if 8 years is still considered "fashionable" but better late than never, right? :wink:

i thought i'd give a proper introduction after being a silent observer, but definitely decided i want to be more involved on here. this community is filled with so much love. so, hi! i'm kaela. i'll be 23 next month. and like my boy sam, i'm a kid at heart and not afraid to let my inner child out to play from time to time. i've always loved any type of simulation, rpg games from a young age. and, just like concernedape stated, his intentions with this game was to feel nostalgia of how we used to feel when we were younger; discovering our love for video games- that is EXACTLY how i felt playing SDV for the first time before knowing a single detail about him or the game.

i had 0 idea what i was going into, and now almost 200 hours in, i'm in full deep with every aspect of this game that i discovered on a random tuesday, just last month. i naturally am expressive, observant, passionate person and when i discovered how this game was made; i admired/apperictated/loved it even more than my first initial reaction. the amount of admiration, gratitude and love i have for concernedape and his talent to create something from scratch is so inspiring. the secrets, lore, the MUSIC.. the love that has been poured into this game shows. it teaches me patience, to think strategically, to be okay with making mistakes and how to learn from them, the importance of making true connections- all while having the time of my life.

i like to think Stardew Valley found me. i'm currently at my lowest state of mind, which is unlike me. SDV is the only thing i look forward to most days, that makes me feel something. and although, i know this too shall pass, as it always does, i'll look back at this time in my life and appreciate SDV even more than i do for giving me joy, excitement for the first time in a long time; the excitement i had as kid. that is a debt i can never repay to eric barone. i am thankful to have randomly decided to play, it led me here; to all of you. this community makes me feel like i'm not alone with my feelings towards this game. all i want to do is share my love with others who feel the same. :')

i'd love to chat and get to know some of you who share the same love to talk about anything and everything. just let me know! i'm a very open minded person and love to make new friends. if you read all of this, thank you for seeing me. <3 i look forward to posting more!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi tranquiltiller and Welcome to the Forums! 8 years ain't late, the game's just getting going now. And just a few years ago I finished a game that's 39 years old so 'late' is all relative! There are a bunch of chit-chatty people here so have fun and a good way to repay Mr. Barone is to decide you need to carry SDV with you on like 3 different platforms. Be careful, you may resist its siren call now but juuuuuuuuuust wait.... Which is also my Farmer's mantra, juuuussssszzzzzzz..... 😴💤

tranquiltiller

Greenhorn
Hi tranquiltiller and Welcome to the Forums! 8 years ain't late, the game's just getting going now. And just a few years ago I finished a game that's 39 years old so 'late' is all relative! There are a bunch of chit-chatty people here so have fun and a good way to repay Mr. Barone is to decide you need to carry SDV with you on like 3 different platforms. Be careful, you may resist its siren call now but juuuuuuuuuust wait.... Which is also my Farmer's mantra, juuuussssszzzzzzz..... 😴💤
thank you for welcoming me, i feel at home here! TRUST that i will be purchasing his game on all platforms. i got my brother to play and he loves it too, so i gave him the money to buy on the xbox since i don’t have one. sadly, i am only able to play on mobile currently, but that is hopefully going to change soon. i have it on apple arcade but am going to purchase the regular one because that man deserves every penny!! 39 years is very impressive! i’m sure you’re very proud of your farm as you should! honestly with how overwhelming it can get with all there is to do and others progressing faster than i could ever think to do so, i have decided to take my time and achieve perfection when it happens naturally with progressing. and although i’m tracking it to keep an eye on it, currently on year 3 on the forrest farm and i’m 48% so far, i’m not pressured to get it all done any quicker, but it does help motivate me. my only goal with playing is to make sure i am having the best time just playing and having fun, i think the best part is that this game has no time limit and never really ends. :’) i love your characters outfit btw! :heart:

bingle985

Greenhorn
I love this game and the community so much :heart: I've stayed quiet and just made an account today but I've been playing the game for years. The community has grown so much! There's a group on every social media and of course here. And everyone is friendly too!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It is VERY easy to buy this game on every platform you play and then maybe on that platform you may decide to play later and then maaaybe for a friend who you think may like the game.... And then the cycle repeats for that person

LRangerR

Local Legend
@tranquiltiller *sniff* Why can't there be more new people like you??? All too often I find myself giving the tip to avoid the wiki, go at your own pace, enjoy your first playthrough it's the only one you get, etcetcetc, to new people who are asking for tips on how to play the game. Whether it takes or not is another story, but it makes me elatedly happy to hear that you've been enjoying the game the way you have been. I look forward to hearing more from both you and @bingle985 , so please do enjoy your time at the pre-afterparty-party.

It is VERY easy to buy this game on every platform you play and then maybe on that platform you may decide to play later and then maaaybe for a friend who you think may like the game.... And then the cycle repeats for that person
You make it sound like a pyramid scheme, lol. But to be fair, I agree that CA deserves every penny of it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
@tranquiltiller *sniff* Why can't there be more new people like you??? All too often I find myself giving the tip to avoid the wiki, go at your own pace, enjoy your first playthrough it's the only one you get, etcetcetc, to new people who are asking for tips on how to play the game. Whether it takes or not is another story, but it makes me elatedly happy to hear that you've been enjoying the game the way you have been. I look forward to hearing more from both you and @bingle985 , so please do enjoy your time at the pre-afterparty-party.

You make it sound like a pyramid scheme, lol. But to be fair, I agree that CA deserves every penny of it.
Hah, that's exactly what I was thinking writing it out, if it weren't so good a game I'd be half inclined to believe it

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
not sure if 8 years is still considered "fashionable" but better late than never, right? :wink:

i thought i'd give a proper introduction after being a silent observer, but definitely decided i want to be more involved on here. this community is filled with so much love. so, hi! i'm kaela. i'll be 23 next month. and like my boy sam, i'm a kid at heart and not afraid to let my inner child out to play from time to time. i've always loved any type of simulation, rpg games from a young age. and, just like concernedape stated, his intentions with this game was to feel nostalgia of how we used to feel when we were younger; discovering our love for video games- that is EXACTLY how i felt playing SDV for the first time before knowing a single detail about him or the game.

i had 0 idea what i was going into, and now almost 200 hours in, i'm in full deep with every aspect of this game that i discovered on a random tuesday, just last month. i naturally am expressive, observant, passionate person and when i discovered how this game was made; i admired/apperictated/loved it even more than my first initial reaction. the amount of admiration, gratitude and love i have for concernedape and his talent to create something from scratch is so inspiring. the secrets, lore, the MUSIC.. the love that has been poured into this game shows. it teaches me patience, to think strategically, to be okay with making mistakes and how to learn from them, the importance of making true connections- all while having the time of my life.

i like to think Stardew Valley found me. i'm currently at my lowest state of mind, which is unlike me. SDV is the only thing i look forward to most days, that makes me feel something. and although, i know this too shall pass, as it always does, i'll look back at this time in my life and appreciate SDV even more than i do for giving me joy, excitement for the first time in a long time; the excitement i had as kid. that is a debt i can never repay to eric barone. i am thankful to have randomly decided to play, it led me here; to all of you. this community makes me feel like i'm not alone with my feelings towards this game. all i want to do is share my love with others who feel the same. :')

i'd love to chat and get to know some of you who share the same love to talk about anything and everything. just let me know! i'm a very open minded person and love to make new friends. if you read all of this, thank you for seeing me. <3 i look forward to posting more!
hello! and welcome in dawg!

tranquiltiller

Greenhorn
I love this game and the community so much :heart: I've stayed quiet and just made an account today but I've been playing the game for years. The community has grown so much! There's a group on every social media and of course here. And everyone is friendly too!
t

thank you for the reply! i feel the same way. i dont think i would have enjoyed it as much as i would if i didnt go in to it to see for myself, as theres so much aspects to the game that quite literally everyone can find joy in it. i got my brother into it and i love hearing about his first time reaching 120 in the mines, to him discovering new secrets on his own. i try not to guide him and just let him play. one way or another you will have to look up things and as much fun as it is to delve deep into the secrets, ive learned that if i try to do too it all at once i'll burn out and obviously not find enjoyment in playing. i knew the reason i loved this game so much was because it does throw you in without tutorials, just 15 parsnips seeds and you can choose your own way and learn. that is what sold me, it can be very overwhelming with so many tasks at hand. i have found joy in the journey, and that is quite literally all i can ask for. for me and for others!

Njin

Planter
Feel the same way.. Hello and welcome:)